AMON AMARTH Twilight of the Thunder God

Album · 2008 · Melodic Death Metal
Kingcrimsonprog
Amon Amrth’s seventh studio album Twilight Of The Thunder God helped bring the band more much deserved attention when it was released back in 2008.

The album is a very strong rendition of the formula that Amon Amarth have been perfecting over the last decade, the perfect slick and professional culmination of a formula that was developed throughout their career.

Twilight Of The Thunder God is an album of intensely high quality, no one track is weak or out of place, the production couldn’t be better and the band all are skilled musicians who deserve the accolades now being given to them.

The twin guitar leads, thundering double-kick lines and roaring death-vocals are all still there, the Norse/Viking themes are still present , everything that Amon Amarth do is done, and done well.

The choice to include guest musicians seems a little out of character for Amon Amarth, but then it works well within the context of the album so isn’t something to worry about.

The album is of such a consistent quality that it is difficult to choose highlights, the title track and Guardians of Asgaard are my personal favourites but everything on this album is good.

To summarize, Twilight Of The Thunder God is a strong album, delivering the trademark Amon Amarth style with a remarkably good execution. If you like the band it is certainly an album you should to buy.

We Are the War Thrash Metal