Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo
MACBETH

MACBETH - Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo cover

Album · 1998

Filed under Gothic Metal

1. A Gothic Overture (2:21)
2. Forever... (5:29)
3. The Dark Kiss of My Angel (5:38)
4. Black Heaven (4:48)
5. The Twilight Melancholy (4:35)
6. Thy Mournful Lover (5:07)
7. Moonlight Caress (4:37)
8. Shadow of Eden (4:04)
9. Sweet Endless Sleep (6:09)

- Vittorio / vocals

Recorded and mixed at Malib¨´ studios Milano, March 1998

Music: Alex / Fabrizio Cislaghi
Lyrics: Fabrizio Cislaghi
Design: Fabrizio Cislaghi

Thanks to Stooge for the updates

MACBETH MP3, Free Download/Stream

No MACBETH MP3s available for streaming.

Buy MACBETH - ROMANTIC TRAGEDY'S CRESCENDO music

Showing all 3 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 1h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Romantic Tragedy's CrescendoRomantic Tragedy's Crescendo
Rock Empire 2007

More places to buy metal & MACBETH music

MACBETH ROMANTIC TRAGEDY'S CRESCENDO reviews

Italy's Macbeth play gothic metal with the occasional symphonic tradition, in the so-called "beauty and the beast" style. (You know the deal: clean female vocals, in this case from the magnificent Cristina, and ugly death-growled male vocals, this time from Vittorio). Their debut album's title of Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo needs to win an award for "most accurate and descriptive album title" or something: the songs here are lovesick laments with a tendency towards dramatic crescendos. It's not a formula we're exactly unfamiliar with when it comes to gothic metal, but Macbeth do a good enough job with the delivery to win me over, and I'd say it's worth a try unless you passionately dislike this style of metal.

1967/ 1976
"Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo" is the debut album from Macbeth Abbiategrasso, Milan. This album is a big surprise. Meanwhile it is well written and, no less important, is produced in a perfect way. This is a feature common to the album Dragonheart, however, it must be said that an album like this is enhanced by a similar production. I should note that the songs are very simple, powerful and very technical. The mix between Death and Doom here is enhanced by the excellent writing, with excellent vocals of Cristina (unfortunately at the only album with Macbeth), soprano voice, truly amazing and the very dark growl of Vittorio. "The Mournful Lover" is a song that, thanks to the clean vocals of Cristina (a sort of Annie Haslam of Heavy Metal!) gets a sweet piece, just dirty from the growl of Victor. But "Forever..." is the exact opposite! "Forever..." present growl as lead vocals dirty from the clean female vocals. If you think Gothic Metal is the musical version of Gothic architecture, this album is perfect. In fact piano, synth and clean female voice in "Moonlight Caress", an extraordinary power ballad, it could prove it. Although the keyboards (piano and synth) dominate the album the guitars are also present. Although not as heavy as you might think. The melody is always in the foreground. Nevertheless, the aggressiveness of the music is technical, in which a band of Extreme Heavy Metal I would not expect to see it at the forefront. This is also known thanks to the work of Fabrizio, drummer really technical (it should be noted that in Italy there were many masters to learn from, the absolute masters!). Just to say how often the classification of musical genres are blurred, I notice that the final "Sweet Endless Sleep", despite being a typical Gothic Metal, Doom could very well be classified as power metal, not shock anyone.

Unfortunately, "Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo" is the only album I own of Macbeth. Yet I can say without fear of contradiction that "Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo" is an absolute masterpiece, able to move tragically, in a crescendo that is not randomly put them in the title. So, if you think that the music is pure magic... "Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo" is your album!

• milosshomi80