ICED EARTH — The Melancholy E.P.

ICED EARTH - The Melancholy E.P. cover

EP · 1999

Filed under US Power Metal
By ICED EARTH

1. Melancholy (Holy Martyr) (4:48)
2. Shooting Star (5:15)
3. Watching Over Me (4:28)
4. Electric Funeral (4:53)
5. I Died for You (3:49)
6. The Ripper (2:43)
7. Colors (live) (5:13)

- Jon Schaffer / guitar
- Matthew Barlow / vocals
- Larry Tarnowski / guitar
- Randall Shawver / guitar (on #5)
- James MacDonough / bass guitar
- Dave Abell / bass guitar (on #5)
- Mark Prator / drums (on #1, #3, #5)
- Brent Smedley / drums (on #2, #4, #6, #7)

Released by Century Media.

Thanks to adg211288 for the updates

Buy ICED EARTH - THE MELANCHOLY E.P. music

The Melancholy E.P.The Melancholy E.P.
Sony 2002
The Melancholy E.P.The Melancholy E.P.
EP
Jvc Japan 2001
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 54h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 5 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 6h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & ICED EARTH music

ICED EARTH THE MELANCHOLY E.P. reviews

Fresh off of an outstanding album, 1998’s ‘Something Wicked This Way Comes’, which sees Iced Earth fight back from a string of disappointing releases, the band give us this short EP, which was originally intended as a promotional tool for radios, but ended up getting an official release for fans to get their mitts on.

While its chillingly emotional verses and catchy chorus makes ‘Melancholy’ an understandable choice for a single, in my opinion there’s much better songs on the ‘Something Wicked...’ album that could have been used. It’s a good song, don’t get me wrong, and it nicely shows the new direction Iced Earth were headed in with their sound. But it just pales in comparison to some of the other potential tracks.

Still, along with ‘Watching Over You’ (another strong number from the same album), there’s three covers, all of which I find pretty disappointing. I’m either not a fan of the band being covered, vocalist Matt Barlow’s voice doesn’t quite suit the song, or I just flat-out don’t really care.

Overall, as is always the case with EP’s, I find them pretty hit-or-miss, and serve more as little collectable items for fans than as serious releases. ‘The Melancholy EP’ is no different. It’s alright for what it is, but not anything worth checking out unless you’re a huge fan of the band.

1967/ 1976
I DIED FOR YOU because I'm THE RIPPER!!!

Ok, "The Melancholy E.P." is only by an Ep. But was with this EP that I have made known Iced Earth to my friends, giving them some copies! That is strange because only these songs are pure Iced Earth: "Melancholy (Holy Martyr)", "Watching Over Me", "I Died For You" and "Colors" (live) that are Iced Earth original song and the Priest's cover "The Ripper". For the rest "Shooting Star" and "Electric Funeral" not conquest me because too melodic for this band. The sound of the band, in fact, is extremely close to Thrash Metal and also the style of the song is more close to Speed Metal. But the speed of the song is clearly Power Metal.

The atmospheres of the original Iced Earth songs remember me old castles, knights, sieges, Round Tables and Holy Grail... And I think that if you love these things and if you are pure metallers... Iced Earth is another band for you!

• MetalArea

ADVERSVM
Sisslith· 4 days ago
Easy Money
KING CRIMSON
King Crimson - Fracture (OFFICIAL)
Heroes - King Crimson Live in Berlin