ENCHANT — Blink Of An Eye

- Douglas Ott / Guitars, Keyboards
- Ted Leonard / Vocals

July 23, 2002
Inside Out

Limited Edition has the following bonus track:

10. Prognosis (7:31)

Thanks to Lynx33 for the updates

Buy ENCHANT - BLINK OF AN EYE music

Blink of an EyeBlink of an Eye
Limited Edition · Reissued
Inside Out U.S. 2002
Blink of An EyeBlink of An Eye
InsideOut Music
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 7 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & ENCHANT music

ENCHANT BLINK OF AN EYE reviews

Pelata
Enchant is a band that cannot be denied. The talent and songwriting of this band is stunning. Their combination of melody, mood and technical excellence is unlike any other. They're dark, yet hopeful. Subtle, yet brimming with virtuosity. Soothing, while still conjuring moods heavier than some metal bands. 'Blink Of An Eye' sports all of the elements that have caused Enchant's industry buzz for several years now while bringing in a few surprises that do nothing but add to their arsenal.

One of the most noticeable changes is the subtle upping of the guitar crunch. This newest offering boasts some of Ott's heaviest riff work to date. Not that Meshuggah is in any danger, mind you, but the guitars are certainly more present. There is simply not a bad song on this album. Opening track "Under Fire" is classic Enchant. It's melodic, provocative, emotional and extremely catchy. Vocalist Ted Leonard is very convincing in his delivery here and on every record I have heard him on. His smooth, high-end vocals lend themselves perfectly to Doug Ott's moving, heart-wrenching musical weavings. These two guys are the perfect combo. Together they create the Enchant sound. "Flat Line" starts out with some great staccato shredding on the intro before delving into another passionate melody from Leonard. The chorus here is one of the record's strongest with its deep hook and smooth backing vocals. "Despicable" begins with a Police-like jumping rhythm before cascading into an airy vocal melody on the verse. Another great chorus makes its way into your heart with this one.

One of Enchant's many strengths has been their lyrics, and 'Blink Of An Eye' is no exception. The aforementioned "Under Fire" speaks of one man's personal guilt and scars of war. "All's fair in war they say, but later as I try to sleep I just can't help but replay...in the blink of an eye, I took someone's life". "Monday" is an ode to those who sacrifice their dreams for "real life". "I don't want to be one more calf who's suckling the Cash Cow...dressed like a corporate freak, begging the clock to give me the chance to be me...when dreams die you can chalk it all up to a Monday...and all that used to define you serves only just to remind you of the man you'll never be...".

To put it as simply as possible, I love this band and 'Blink Of An Eye' is a marvelous record. The world of prog rock/metal is a better place simply by having Enchant as a part of it.

No ENCHANT BLINK OF AN EYE reviews posted by members yet.

• theaterd

Dreadful Deathgrind
RAISED BY OWLS
World Has No Pity For Fools Metalcore
EARTHFALL

Where the Oceans Fall - Stream (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
WHERE THE OCEANS FALL