DEICIDE — Banished By Sin

DEICIDE - Banished By Sin cover

Album · 2024

Filed under Death Metal
By DEICIDE

01. From Unknown Heights You Shall Fall (3:25)
02. Doomed to Die (3:11)
03. Sever the Tongue (3:25)
04. Faithless (3:26)
05. Bury the Cross... with Your Christ (2:55)
06. Woke from God (3:03)
07. Ritual Defied (3:36)
08. Failures of Your Dying Lord (3:22)
09. Banished by Sin (3:04)
10. A Trinity of None (3:26)
11. I Am I... a Curse of Death (3:00)
12. The Light Defeated (3:06)

- Glen Benton / Bass, Vocals
- Steve Asheim / Drums
- Kevin Quirion / Guitars, Backing Vocals
- Taylor Nordberg / Guitars, Backing Vocals

Reigning Phoenix Music
CD, Vinyl, Cassette, Digital
Released 26th Apr 2024

Thanks to Nightfly for the addition

Buy DEICIDE - BANISHED BY SIN music

More places to buy metal & DEICIDE music

DEICIDE BANISHED BY SIN reviews

"Banished By Sin" is the thirteenth full-length studio album by US, Florida based death metal act Deicide. The album was released through Reigning Phoenix Music in April 2024. It´s the successor to "Overtures of Blasphemy" from September 2018. There´s been one lineup change since the predecessor as guitarist Mark English has been replaced by Taylor Nordberg. The latter is a relatively prolific name in death metal circles having performed with artists like Massacre, Ribspreader, and Wombbath (among others...). "Banished By Sin" was released to some controversy regarding the AI generated cover artwork, which many fans heavily critiziced.

Stylistically there are very few surprises on "Banished By Sin" if you´re familiar with Deicide´s output since "Till Death Do Us Part" (2008). Lead vocalist/bassist Glen Benton maybe sings more of his high pitched demonic vocals and thereby complimenting his raw throaty growling vocals which ultimately makes the vocal part of the album relatively diverse, but other than that this is Deicide as we expect them to sound these days...anti-christian/blasphemous lyrics and all. Although they can still whip up a storm of blast beats and fast-paced riffs, "Banished By Sin" is predominantly a heavy and mid-paced affair. Everything is delivered with great energy and skill though, so Deicide are definitely still a force to be reckoned with (scene veterans or not). The lead guitar work is blistering and powerful, and Steve Asheim as always delivers a sharp and brutal drum assault.

"Banished By Sin" features a clear, heavy, and powerful sounding production job, but to my ears it´s almost too polished for Deicide´s music style. A bit more grit would have suited the material better. Upon conclusion "Banished By Sin" is a good quality death metal release from Deicide, but it´s not an album which rival their classic 90s releases, which isn´t surprising since nothing they´ve released since the mid-90s have been able to do that, but that doesn´t mean it´s not a release worth investigating and a 3.5 star (70%) rating is deserved.

No DEICIDE BANISHED BY SIN reviews posted by members yet.

• The T 666