CAVE IN — Antenna

3. Joy Opposites (4:47)
4. Anchor (3:15)
5. Beautiful Son (3:57)
6. Seafrost (8:59)
7. Rubber and Glue (3:43)
8. Youth Overrided (5:17)
9. Breath of Water (5:36)
10. Lost in the Air (3:42)
11. Penny Racer (3:10)
12. Woodwork (5:14)

- Stephen Brodsky / Guitar, Vocals
- J.R. Conners / Drums, Vocals
- Adam McGrath / Guitar, Vocals
- Caleb Scofield / Bass, Vocals

Released 2003 on RCA Records.

Thanks to Bosh66 for the updates

Buy CAVE IN - ANTENNA music

AntennaAntenna
RCA 2003
Antenna (Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD)Antenna (Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD)
Explicit Lyrics
RCA 2003
Antenna [Vinyl]Antenna [Vinyl]
Hydrahead Records 2002
Antenna (Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD) by Cave inAntenna (Limited Edition w/ Bonus DVD) by Cave in
RCA
Antenna: Limited Edition/+DVD by Cave In (2003-04-22)Antenna: Limited Edition/+DVD by Cave In (2003-04-22)
RCA
Showing 5 items | Cache expiring in 34h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
CAVE IN - Antenna (CD 2003) USA First Edition EXC-NM Hard Psychedelic Rock CAVE IN - Antenna (CD 2003) USA First Edition EXC-NM Hard Psychedelic Rock USD $3.61 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Antenna by Cave In (CD, Mar-2003, RCA) Antenna by Cave In (CD, Mar-2003, RCA) USD $23.12 Buy It Now 9h
Cave In CD Antenna rock psych Rare Promo Vg+ Cave In CD Antenna rock psych Rare Promo Vg+ USD $8.00 Buy It Now 10h
Cave In - Antenna - 2xCD (2003) - Very Good Condition Cave In - Antenna - 2xCD (2003) - Very Good Condition USD $4.84 Buy It Now 19h
Cave In - Antenna (CD , BMG 2003  - Korea) Brand New Cave In - Antenna (CD , BMG 2003 - Korea) Brand New USD $15.99 Buy It Now 19h
Cave In - Antenna [2CD](CD + DVD , BMG 2003  - EU) Brand New Cave In - Antenna [2CD](CD + DVD , BMG 2003 - EU) Brand New USD $18.99 Buy It Now 19h
Antenna by Cave In (CD, Mar-2003, RCA Antenna by Cave In (CD, Mar-2003, RCA USD $3.46 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE ADV PROMO Cave In CD Antenna rock psych CONVERGE Old Man Gloom Goatsnake ! RARE ADV PROMO Cave In CD Antenna rock psych CONVERGE Old Man Gloom Goatsnake ! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CAVE IN - Antenna CD & DVD 2003 CAVE IN - Antenna CD & DVD 2003 USD $6.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Antenna by Cave In (CD, Mar-2003, RCA) Antenna by Cave In (CD, Mar-2003, RCA) USD $3.48 Buy It Now 2 days
Cave In Antenna DVD only NO Cover Cave In Antenna DVD only NO Cover USD $3.39 (0 bids)
USD $4.75 Buy It Now
2 days
Antenna Cave in Audio CD Antenna Cave in Audio CD USD $4.09 Buy It Now 3 days
Cave In Antenna UK 2-disc CD/DVD set 82876515552 RCA 2003 Cave In Antenna UK 2-disc CD/DVD set 82876515552 RCA 2003 USD $17.59 Buy It Now 4 days
CAVE IN Antenna 2002 US 12-track promo test CD CAVE IN Antenna 2002 US 12-track promo test CD USD $4.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Antenna Cave In (CD, 2003) RCA Records Antenna Cave In (CD, 2003) RCA Records USD $2.98 Buy It Now 4 days
CAVE IN-ANTENNA CD NEW CAVE IN-ANTENNA CD NEW USD $13.84 Buy It Now 5 days
Cave In - Antenna (2003) FREEPOST 078636813127 Cave In - Antenna (2003) FREEPOST 078636813127 USD $2.41 Buy It Now 6 days
Various Artists : Antenna [Import] [Audio CD] Cave in CD FREE Shipping, Save £s Various Artists : Antenna [Import] [Audio CD] Cave in CD FREE Shipping, Save £s USD $3.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Antenna, Cave in Antenna, Cave in USD $4.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Cave In Antenna RARE Out of Print CD '03 (SEALED) Cave In Antenna RARE Out of Print CD '03 (SEALED) USD $4.00 Buy It Now 9 days
CAVE IN - Antenna (2 CD's 2003) In Excellent Condition CAVE IN - Antenna (2 CD's 2003) In Excellent Condition USD $5.46 Buy It Now 9 days
Cave In Antenna Promo Sticker Cave In Antenna Promo Sticker USD $14.28 Buy It Now 10 days
Antenna [PA] Limited by Cave In CD 2003 RCA Alternative Indie Rock Antenna [PA] Limited by Cave In CD 2003 RCA Alternative Indie Rock USD $3.95 Buy It Now 11 days
Cave in : Antenna CD Cave in : Antenna CD USD $3.49 Buy It Now 11 days
CAVE IN Antenna 2003 UK 4-track promo sampler CD CAVE IN Antenna 2003 UK 4-track promo sampler CD USD $4.84 Buy It Now 12 days
Cave-In	Antenna: Limited Edition CD+DVD Mint Cave-In Antenna: Limited Edition CD+DVD Mint USD $9.69 Buy It Now 13 days
Cave in, Antenna, Excellent, Audio CD Cave in, Antenna, Excellent, Audio CD USD $6.47 Buy It Now 13 days
Cave In : Antenna: Limited Edition/+DVD CD Incredible Value and Free Shipping! Cave In : Antenna: Limited Edition/+DVD CD Incredible Value and Free Shipping! USD $2.18 Buy It Now 13 days
CAVE IN Antenna 2002 promo double sided poster 28 x 19  original CAVE IN Antenna 2002 promo double sided poster 28 x 19 original USD $8.19 Buy It Now 14 days
CAVE IN - ANTENNA   CD NEW+ CAVE IN - ANTENNA CD NEW+ USD $37.69 Buy It Now 15 days
CAVE IN ANTENNA 13tracks Album Music CDs Japan Used F/S CAVE IN ANTENNA 13tracks Album Music CDs Japan Used F/S USD $14.55 Buy It Now 15 days
CAVE IN ANTENNA INSPIRE ANCHOR PENNY RACER CD03 ART ROCK INDIE ALT PROG METAL CAVE IN ANTENNA INSPIRE ANCHOR PENNY RACER CD03 ART ROCK INDIE ALT PROG METAL USD $4.77 Buy It Now 16 days
Cave In - Antenna - Cave In CD V0VG The Fast Free Shipping Cave In - Antenna - Cave In CD V0VG The Fast Free Shipping USD $12.09 Buy It Now 16 days
BEVKERBK 4 ADVERT/POSTER 11X8 BEVKERBK 4 ADVERT/POSTER 11X8" CAVE IN - ANTENNA - DOUBLE VINYL USD $13.34 Buy It Now 17 days
Cave In - Antenna - CD + Bonus DVD  ** BRAND NEW ** Cave In - Antenna - CD + Bonus DVD ** BRAND NEW ** USD $21.65 Buy It Now 17 days
CAVE IN-ANTENNA CD NEW CAVE IN-ANTENNA CD NEW USD $15.54 Buy It Now 18 days
Cave In - Antenna (Limited Edition + DVD) (CD 2003) Cave In - Antenna (Limited Edition + DVD) (CD 2003) USD $3.63 Buy It Now 19 days
CAVE IN Four Songs From The LP Antenna CD UK Rca 2002 4 Track Promo In Special CAVE IN Four Songs From The LP Antenna CD UK Rca 2002 4 Track Promo In Special USD $6.05 Buy It Now 19 days
Cave In: Antenna CD 2003 BMG / RCA Records USA RCA 07863 68131-2 Original Cave In: Antenna CD 2003 BMG / RCA Records USA RCA 07863 68131-2 Original USD $5.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Cave In Antenna CD Slightly Used Cave In Antenna CD Slightly Used USD $1.99 Buy It Now 20 days
Cave In - Four Songs From The LP Antenna. (CD) Cave In - Four Songs From The LP Antenna. (CD) USD $11.51 Buy It Now 21 days
Cave In - Antenna (CD Used Very Good) Cave In - Antenna (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.69 Buy It Now 23 days
Antenna by Cave in Antenna by Cave in USD $3.46 Buy It Now 23 days
CAVE IN - Antenna - USA 12trk CD CAVE IN - Antenna - USA 12trk CD USD $4.84 Buy It Now 23 days
Cave In - Antenna (12 track CD and bonus DVD 2003) Cave In - Antenna (12 track CD and bonus DVD 2003) USD $5.46 Buy It Now 24 days
Cave in - Antenna ** Free Shipping** Cave in - Antenna ** Free Shipping** USD $38.49 Buy It Now 25 days
CAVE IN ANTENNA PROMO CD ALBUM DARK DRIVING PROMO CD SINGLE CAVE IN ANTENNA PROMO CD ALBUM DARK DRIVING PROMO CD SINGLE USD $4.25 Buy It Now 26 days
CAVE IN - ANTENNA NEW CD CAVE IN - ANTENNA NEW CD USD $15.67 Buy It Now 28 days
CAVE IN - ANTENNA (4 TRK PROMO) (REF C5) CAVE IN - ANTENNA (4 TRK PROMO) (REF C5) USD $2.41 Buy It Now 28 days
Antenna, Cave in, Good Antenna, Cave in, Good USD $6.74 Buy It Now 29 days
Cave In - Antenna.cd Cave In - Antenna.cd USD $7.28 Buy It Now 29 days
CAVE IN - CAVE IN ANTENNA - Japan CD+1BONUS - NEW CAVE IN - CAVE IN ANTENNA - Japan CD+1BONUS - NEW USD $13.25 Buy It Now 29 days
Antenna by Cave In (CD, Aug-2003, BRX)  DVD ONLY NO CD Antenna by Cave In (CD, Aug-2003, BRX) DVD ONLY NO CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 31 days
Cave In - Antenna: Limited Edition/+DVD - Cave In CD 2TVG The Fast Free Shipping Cave In - Antenna: Limited Edition/+DVD - Cave In CD 2TVG The Fast Free Shipping USD $5.49 Buy It Now 31 days
Cave In - Antenna [New CD] Holland - Import Cave In - Antenna [New CD] Holland - Import USD $9.62 Buy It Now 32 days
Cave In - Antenna [New CD] Holland - Import Cave In - Antenna [New CD] Holland - Import USD $12.59 Buy It Now 38 days
Showing all 59 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & CAVE IN music

CAVE IN ANTENNA reviews

arcane-beautiful
This album I have always wanted to review, because it is a real look back into the past for me.

I admit it. I really did like Cave In when this album was released. Their was 2 singles from it which I absolutely loved and had great music videos. But this album received a very mixture of reactions from people when it was released. And I mean a lot of mixed reactions.

Now this album marks a step forward in the Cave In sound, where the band adopted a more mature, contemporary and softer sound. To be honest I prefer this to their earlier sound, but there’s not a very over the top dramatic difference, especially not one to go completely OTT over. But fans did.

Oddly enough this album did really well. Critics praised for a successful transformation and to be honest, the passion was still their…but of course, metal purists aren’t happy unless there’s some stupid screaming vocals in their (Opeth is a prime example). Now I like early Cave In…and new Cave In, but this period is probably my preferred era, because I believe their song writing skills had really been discovered.

Now the sound of the album does still have qualities of their older material, e.g. the post metal sounding atmospheric moments, long songs with massive trip out sections and having songs with quite odd arrangements at times. If anything this sounds like rock with no boundaries really. When listening to this album, I hear a very strong Smashing Pumpkins vibe. I’m not saying that this may be a very strong influence of the band, but there’s a definite musical freedom that both bands share similarities with (especially in some of the guitar riffs and arrangements).

All the vocals in the album are cleans, mainly due to the fact bassist Caleb does no vocals. Stephens approach to vocals this time around is a lot more melodically driven too. And lyrically, its nonsensical, but there is a certain poetic flow to the lyrics, and I think there may be some meaning to some of these songs.

1. Stained Silver – What an intro to the album. Epic chorus, great riffs and some pretty cool lyrics. Probably one of my all-time favourite Cave In songs. 10/10

2. Inspire – I remember when the video for this song came out, I really loved it. And even today I still love it. An amazing simple groovy dark riff with contrasts the poppy side to the song. Cave In are the masters at mixing dark and light. I also love the hidden psychedelics too. 10/10

3. Joy Opposites – I was kind of forgetting this song before listening to it again, and I'm ashamed of even thinking of trying to forget this song. One of their best and most beautiful choruses. Some of the lyrics are a bit iffy, but overall the song is pretty amazing. 9/10

4. Anchor – Probably one of the most darkest pop songs their ever has been. Such a great song, with one catchy as hell chorus and a pretty cool arrangement. There is also a music video for this song, which I highly recommend watching. There is also some great lyrics in this song. 10/10

5. Beautiful Son – It's funny. This reminds me of a Drake Bell song (with the added minor chords added in now and then). The chorus ruins this song I think though. The rest is cool though. In fact theirs moments of this song I really like. 6/10

6. Seafrost – The intro reminds me of a post rock instrumental, mixed with some od Animal Collective beauty. Then an evil bass riff comes in. Out of all the songs on the album, this song is the most reminiscent of their older stuff (basically long and trippy). Ok maybe this song is a bit too long and maybe a bit too trippy for some, but I like it. I especially love the noisy ending (which reminds me of something from The Mars Volta’s Frances The Mute). The vocals in the song are really nice too. 8/10

7. Rubber & Glue – One of the oddest pop songs I have ever heard. With a really catchy verse, and a pretty cool groovy guitar riff, the chorus is quite an odd eclectic and slightly dark take on the song…but it still all fits together incredibly well. The only negative part about the song is the middle 8, which I’m not the biggest fan of. 9/10

8. Youth Overided – Probably the most consistent and poppy song on the album. Flawless in my opinion. Definitely one of the strongest songs, yet its very underlooked, which is a shame, cause it’s an amazing song. I also love the lyrics of this song. Great vocals in the song too. Beautiful arrangement throughout. 10/10

9. Breath Of Water – This is another one of the touch and go moments on the album. I’m really not the biggest fan of this song, but I have to admit, some moments are pretty cool. There is a really cool epic feel to the song, but it’s let down slightly at times. The verses are also miles better than the chorus, and to be honest, the chorus lets the song down a bit (a similar formula to that of Beautiful Son). Although listening to the song again, I’m starting to get used to the chorus. 8/10

10. Lost In The Air – Ok, I was wrong. This is the poppiest song on the album. What a catchy chorus. I love the cool Tom Morello esque guitar noises in the verse. I just love this song so much. 10/10

11. Penny Racer – Another short pop moment on the album. And to be honest, it’s these songs that are the strongest on the album. Such a great chorus, with some interesting lyrics. It’s funny, this song sounds like a rock ‘n roll parody, played by Hawkwind. Great spaciness in the song. Oh and the guitar solo is as cheesy as ever. 10/10

12. Woodwork – Some pretty cool lyrics in this song (I have to admit, they can use words great at times). Great chorus, with a nice message in it. A more experimental song. Still contemporary, but a bit more free in its structure and interpretation. Great ending to the album. 9/10

CONCLUSION: Some moments aren’t the best, and some let the album down a bit, although I d admit, their isn’t really a forgettable song on the album. But overall, this album will always have a special place in my heart. Not a masterpiece, but pretty damn close.

8.3/10

No CAVE IN ANTENNA reviews posted by members yet.

• Bosh66