EDEN'S CURSE — Trinity (review)

EDEN'S CURSE — Trinity album cover Album · 2011 · Hard Rock Buy this album from MMA partners
Stephen
This international group continues to deliver a super consistent output since their debut in 2007 and 'Trinity' is as always, a result of masterful collaboration of expert musicians. Musically, it's a smart bridge between traditional heavy metal and melodic hard rock, a perfect combination rolls in to appeal both parties.

'Trinitas Sanctus' served as a prologue intro to this album and the title track kicks in with a striking rhythm and when you heard the beautiful bridge and superb chorus, you know this is a winning track. 'Saints of Tomorrow' didn't disappoint, still a powerful tune, and 'No Holy Man' which was the first single leaked out by the band, shows a duet with James LaBrie, a good track but nowhere near the better tracks here. You can also spot the DT style inside the midtempo composition.

To soothe up the excessive metallic exploration, 'Guardian Angel' was here to calm the storm. A beautiful power ballad that's done well. Later you'll also encounter 'Children of The Tide', I almost think it's another slow ballad because it started that way, but then it burst out big, so apparently 'Guardian Angel' is the sole ballad here. Two awesome tracks to follow are 'Can't Fool The Devil' and 'Dare To Be Different', 'Jerusalem Sleeps' and 'Black Widow' (with Andi Deris) seemed to wander to the power metal territory and I hear a dark vibe in them, both are okay but not catching up with the rest.

Eden's Curse also managed to put up a stunning cover of Dio classic, 'Rock N Roll Children'. I don't know why but they sure can connect the string of other songs to this one and you can feel it's a unity. The bonus track, 'Never The Sinner', also still live up my expectation, check out the mindblowing riffs! Mixing and mastering was handled by Dennis Ward so no doubt you'll get a high production quality here.

Shame that Michael Eden eventually left the band soon after it's released. I hope they will continue this project and find a better replacement because after three strong albums, I know they still have some great things in their arsenal for a monstrous follow-up. 85%

Stephen wrote:
yeah I spotted a 4.5 stars on your behalf, a great album anyway :)
I mean... more than you liked it, of course.
Wow, I actually liked this one more than you ;-)

Static Apnea Stoner Metal