SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE — The New Eve (review)

SPHERIC UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE — The New Eve album cover Album · 2012 · Progressive Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
666sharon666
Spheric Universe Experience's latest offering is The New Eve, an album which I'm sure has fanbase divider written all over it due to some fairly major changes in their approach to progressive metal. First off the album is heavily influenced by electronic music and when we're talking metal electronic influences can be a very hit and miss affair. Secondly the songs are structured much more traditionally and are generally shorter than those found on previous album Unreal, and exceptionally shorter to those found on SUE's first two albums Mental Torments and Anima. This is still a progressive album, which also contains some power metal styled fast riffs and symphonic touches in the background of several songs, but it's most definitely fair to say that The New Eve is less obviously progressive and requires many dedicated listens to pick up on the fine details.

It may feel, should you come to The New Eve after any of SUE's previous work, that the band has toned their sound down in order to appeal to a wider audience, or have sold out, but the truth is they've actually become more adventurous with their music than ever before. The previous albums were amazing, but The New Eve has them branching out into a sound which is a little more unqiue. That doesn't change that I see The New Eve as a fanbase divider, but despite some obvious mainstream influences that have crept into it The New Eve is the bravest album SUE have made yet. It's also their best, but not for that reason. The reason that it is their best is because every single song is as good as the last, with repeated listens only giving me even more of a high regard for the album.

Doomster wrote:
New SUE album....good fucking GOD yes.

Phase II - Escapist Alternative Metal