SAVATAGE — Streets: A Rock Opera (review)

SAVATAGE — Streets: A Rock Opera album cover Album · 1991 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
1967/ 1976
That "Streets: A Rock Opera" is a beautiful album, I have no objection. Of course in this album there are memorable moments, at other times seem to hear an album that features a mix of Journey and Queen. And yet, I can only agree (not totally... I mean subject) with those who say that this is a good album. To be honest... And I must be honest... I disagree with those who tell me that this is a great album. A major flaw, in my opinion? The use of keyboards. Why? Because they tend to make too sweet sound of songs, whereas the weight of the guitar parts. And since this happens in the songs where their invasion is noted too, I can not please me the thing. Since basic "Streets: A Rock Opera" is a mix Between Traditional Metal, Power Metal and AOR the fact of wanting Prog Metal thanks to the arrangements is a is something that I don't approve.

Speaking of songs... I admit that I like the songs. But don't conquest my mind. Very well written and performed with the defects that I described, I must convince myself that "Streets: A Rock Opera" is a good album. Not a masterpiece, as too progressive.

So, although I can not define "Streets: A Rock Opera" album really successful and able to make me jump for joy, I find it very beautiful and interesting.

Uinuos syömein sota Pagan Black Metal