BUCKETHEAD Pike 272 - Coniunctio

Album · 2017 · Non-Metal
siLLy puPPy
BUCKETHEAD (as Bucketheadland) / Pike 272 - Coninctio / 29th release of 2017 / All instrumental / Contains only one track / Clocks in at 28 minutes 25 seconds / everything played by Buck-buck-buckethead 3: >

As 2017 rolls along, the chicken lover named BUCKETHEAD continues to unleash one new edition of his PIKE series after another. While the majority of these have been based in rock, funk or metal, his dipping into electronic and ambient territory has been rather limited since 2015’s Countdown To Halloween run. However on “Pike 270 - A3” BH reminded his insatiable fans that he is quite the brilliant composer of dark electronic outside of his guitar playing prowess.

PIKE 272 - CONIUNCTIO delivers a similar electronic based palette of moods and sonic textures that all unfurl within the context of one single almost half hour track. What we get here is a long (and i mean long) uninterrupted series of what sounds like processed violins (although i’m sure they’re most likely synthesizers) with classically infused melodies that plod along on valium. Every little sound echoes a bit into infinity while the following notes properly fall into place.

I’m quite the fan of BH’s ambient line of entertainment but i find this one to be a little lackluster as it’s almost impossible to keep my focus. If there is some brilliance embedded within it’s lengthy run i’m failing to locate it. To me this sounds like any old ambient music that pretty much anyone with some recording skills could pull off with little effort.

I would qualify this one as decent background music, a soundtrack for an activity of choice and perhaps not even a bad meditation or yoga routine track but there is not a lot going on. There are no guitars, bass or drums but rather an incessant flow of synthesized swirls that simulate a nascent melody that never really develops wings and soars.

Thrash Anthems II Thrash Metal