BLACK SABBATH — Paranoid (review)

BLACK SABBATH — Paranoid album cover Album · 1970 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Sinkadotentree
Well they established the style of music they were going to play on the debut and on this their second album released the same year they improved upon it. Songs like "Paranoid" and "Iron Man" brought them into the limelight and they became a household name. How good are the lyrics on "War Pigs" ? PINK RFLOYD's "Us And Them" sounds like a spacey continuation of this track but the words are no less damning against war and those who oversee it. "Paranoid" is less than 3 minutes in length but it's pedal to the metal all the way. They just rip it up, very intense. "Planet Caravan" is a nice break from the insanity. Surprisingly psychedelic. "Iron Man" continues to be brought into today and now because of the "Iron Man" movies. Heavy duty. "Electric Funeral" reminds me of ALICE IN CHAINS everytime i hear it these days. A drugged out doomy piece. "Hand Of Doom" is an anti-drug song while "Rat Salad" is the Bill Ward show. "Fairies Wear Boots" is probably my favourite. So yes i've played this to death over the years but it's still a 5 star masterpiece, and they don't lift their foot off of the pedal one bit for the followup album "Master Of Reality".

Third Face Atmospheric Sludge Metal