THE LOCUST — New Erections (review)

THE LOCUST — New Erections album cover Album · 2007 · Cybergrind Buy this album from MMA partners
arcane-beautiful
Wow, first review. Yea, this band isn't as heard of, because of their obscenities, mainly that they dress up like insects.

I love this band, mainly on their appearance yes, but also of their musical abiliity.

Taking a mathcore, math metal direction and mixing it with a more technical texture (not just random screams and dischords) and a more hardcore definition of the genre. Their music is incredibly virtuostic and very fiere.

This album is only 20 minutes long, but it is to the point and doesn't really need to be longer. They came saw and concured within less than a half an hour.

1. Aotkpta - The intro is just mezmerising. The time changes are incredibly frantic and fast. Their is also a quite doomy quallity to this song. 10/10

2. We Have Reached An Official Verdict: Nobody Gives A Shit - Love the title. Quite cathcy in a mental way. 10/10

3. The Unwilling...Led By The Unqualified...Doing The Unnecessary...For The Ungrateful - Has alot of multimodal textures and shows alot of ability. 10/10

4. One Manometer Away From Mutually Assured Relocation - Koo Koo crazy with some amazing instrumental work. 9/10

5. Full Frontal Obscurity - Pretty amazing vocal performance. 8/10

6. Scavenger, Invader - The very noisy keyboards are cool. The vocals are pretty impressive. 10/10

7. Hot Tubs Of Brand New Fuel - The lyrics are pretty cool. Again, incredibly frantic. 9/10

8. God Wants Us All To Work In Factories - Again, some amazing lyrics. Love the title. 9/10

9. Book Of Bot - The longest song, being just 4 minutes. Has a very experimental side. The noisy parts are very cool. 9/10

10. Slum Service (Served On The Sky) - Short and sweet. 9/10

11. Tower Of Mammal - Good ending to a crazy album. 8/10

CONCLUISION: A whole bag of crazy. I love this album.

No Good To Anyone Atmospheric Sludge Metal