THE YARDBIRDS — London 1963: The First Recordings (review)

THE YARDBIRDS — London 1963: The First Recordings album cover Boxset / Compilation · 1984 · Proto-Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
1967/ 1976
Christmas is approaching and with it the desire to give gifts. This is not the place to describe why and why I found myself, after some time, to return in a record shop. Of course I searched for a gift for my mother and I could not find it. So I got two CDs of The Yardbirds. To my mother I ended up buying the same things that I know will make her happy. As I am happy for the CD purchased. is important to know that my mother told me: "I did not know you liked even The Yardbirds, a group that I loved as a young woman." Hmm... Already I was forced, when it was in the car with me, with CD Rolling Stones, Kinks, The Beatles and The Moody Blues... I would not like Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck Beck or Jimmy Page if I have to bear in a version that is not my favorite. However, my mother ... Well, what I feel for her goes beyond the fact that she is my mother. Therefore I... Well, honestly... Well... I like to make her happy. That's why I bought this CD, which contains the first recording of The Yardbirds. A CD that, basically, contains good White Blues, English Blues. A musical genre that, at the beginning of 90's was my favorite but now does not attract me more than others.

Well, I can say that we are in the presence of musicians really prepared and more able than the average of Rock musicians who played in the 1963. Although hit by the technology of the time, the songs do not suffer from these limitations, except for the guitars. Perceived a band that was a band and not a group of musicians playing together, just to accompany a singer. In this sense, the English were superior to Americans and I'm not surprised that the best bands of the 60's were British. The songs, as said, are all Blues or Rhythm'n'Blues. However, they are very well arranged and it's very personal. Why, it must be said, The Yardbirds were real musicians who did not merely repeat. In this CD there is birth (although embryonic) of Modern Rock.

Hold Back the Dawn Death Metal
GRAVEYARD
Rhetoric Of The Image Sludge Metal
TORPOR
The Day I Became Us Deathcore
PRINCIPLES OF MERGER
The Apophis Solution Deathcore
BECOMING AKH

Between Two Oceans - Nightmare (Studio Live)
BETWEEN TWO OCEANS