HYSTERICA — Fighters of the Century (review)

HYSTERICA — Fighters of the Century album cover Single · 2011 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Fighters of the Century is the fourth and at the time of writing most recent single release from Hysterica from the build up to the release of their second album The Art of Metal. Although previous single Message from the Dark was surprising because of its length and emotive style, this one shocks even more since deep down this really isn’t a traditional heavy metal song. The death growls that were cropping up in the other released songs take a much larger role here, being used in the verses, while the clean vocals return for the choruses. It’s clear as of this song that The Art of Metal is going to be a traditional heavy metal album, but not in the traditional sense of the term, if you’ll pardon the paradox. This one is actually closer to melodic death metal than anything else. Another excellent track though, and it leaves me wanting even more from the band. Three more singles to go before the album, so I guess we’ll have heard most of it by the time it finally hits the shelves, but I know I’ll be getting as soon as humanly possible.

(Originally written for Heavy Metal Haven as a part of a bulk review for four singles, scored at 9.6/10)

Static Apnea Stoner Metal