DAMN YANKEES — Don't Tread (review)

DAMN YANKEES — Don't Tread album cover Album · 1992 · Hard Rock Buy this album from MMA partners
Stephen
After the victorious double platinum debut, Damn Yankees continued their journey with "Don't Tread". Although not as successful as their first album, this sophomore release is still considered a great follow-up album, racking up a platinum and spawned several hits including the ballads "Where You Goin' Now" and "Silence Is Broken".

"Don't Tread On Me" is probably my most favorite tune of the album, firing up an energetic rockin' performance and the song enjoyed an extensive play at Barcelona Olympic Games 1992. I still remember hearing "Where You Goin' Now" for the first time on the radio and love every minute of it, ended up rushing to the store to buy this album, and after almost 20 years, it never sounded old and keep bringing back a good nostalgic memory. "Silence Is Broken" is another melodic bliss with an unbelievably good harmonies. "Firefly" is hot as hell, blasting high with the deadly vocal layers. "Someone To Believe" is like an alternate ripped version of "Coming Home", only this time, it's heavier.

I must admit that this whole album can't beat the superior debut, and despite the lousy cover and couple of weak tunes, I still marked "Don't Tread" as a strong record of the 90s. You can find this disc pretty cheap so grab one while it lasts.

Little By Little Hardcore Punk
Sabbath Stoner Metal
MELVINS
Medicine Noose / Spewn Sludge Metal
SPEWN

Cirith Ungol "I'm Alive" (Live)
CIRITH UNGOL