AC/DC — Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (review)

AC/DC — Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap album cover Album · 1976 · Hard Rock Buy this album from MMA partners
There's gonna be some rockin' ...

Genre: hard rock / boogie rock / heavy metal

Wherev"High Voltage" is more of a hard rock / boogie rock affair, "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" adds a matallic edge to AC/DC's blues- and boogie-driven hard rock.

This makes itself felt in especially the title track (one of my favorite AC/DC tracks) with its guite heavy main riff, but also in the rockers "Problem Child" (another personal favorite of mine) and the humoristic "Big Balls". There are also plenty of boogie driven blues rock songs on the album for those of us who like to rock out rock 'n' roll style such as "Love at First Feel", the fast and energetic "Rocker", "There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'", "Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round to Be a Millionaire)", and "Ride On" is a slow dark and almost melancholic blues song which, nevertheless, has a positive message.

There is the usual irreplicable chemstry between the guitar performance of Young brothers, and Bon Scott sounds as cheeky as ever. Lyrically, the typical sex, booze and rock 'n' roll themes are prevalent, but with Scott's typical humorous take on it all as a pivotal element.

I know that this is considered one of AC/DC's weaker albums of the Bon Scott era, but it's one of my favorites - especially because of the title track and "Problem Child". Personally, I recommend it to any hardrock and blues rock fan as well as fans of traditional heavy metal.

Apocalypse & Chill Symphonic Metal
Gallows of Eden Power Metal
SHADOWQUEST

Fughu - P E G G Y
FUGHU
Uneven Structure - Everyman (Official Video)
UNEVEN STRUCTURE