BEHEMOTH — Demigod (review)

BEHEMOTH — Demigod album cover Album · 2004 · Death Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Vobiscum
Wonderfully heavy and majestically worked. The surgical precision of each chord is difficult to describe in a simple way. Drummer "Inferno" seems to use a jackhammer and also explosive elements. His technique is impressive, largely responsible for the quality of this album. Whether in the studio, whether live, "Nergal" has the same power in his voice and all other members have a sync gratifying to see and hear. The support provided by "Seth" in the category riffs and arrangements are essential. In these styles usually the bass is not as prominent but if not there certainly would feel the lack. "Orion" would be the least member who "appears". For those who think a metal band can only be aggressive melodies with no room to build more, "Demigod" is an exception that transcends the limits of creativity to an album "Black Death". The solo on "Conquer All", the lilting "The Nephilim Rising", and of the most technical, with rhythmic variations in high-level, which permeate the entire album. The musical maturity displayed in "Demigod" is a milestone not only for the "Behemoth" but for "Metal" itself that since then, created a school of bands that do not open the hand heavy but also chose to have technical and creativity in their work.

Orphan Stomper Deathcore