GIRLSCHOOL — C'mon Let's Go (review)

GIRLSCHOOL — C'mon Let's Go album cover Boxset / Compilation · 1991 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
AtomicCrimsonRush
This compilation of Girlschool was typical of the cash ins that were around to capitalise on the NWOBHM all girl band's success. It features some quintessential Girlschool with 'C'mon Let's Go' from the dynamic "Hit and Run" album. 'Flesh and Blood' was an interesting choice as it was really a filler from "Screaming Blue Murder' though I didnt mind it's bold experimental feel.

'Not for Sale' is a competent rocker from the debut, as was the hard driving anthemic 'Deadline' and 'Midnight Ride'. One of the best tracks from the debut was the infectious melodic metallic 'Demolition Boys' that was always a fan favourite. 'Don't Call It Love' is the hit single and best track from "Screaming Blue Murder" and 'Take It From Me' is another good rocking track. There are other versions of this compilation with variations of track order and album covers.

At only 25 minutes this is a short burst of energy from the band that is OK for those wanting to taste what the band are like but you are far better advised to grab the debut or "Hit and Run" as all the best tracks are found on those. The best compilation is the 2 CD "The Collection" and that is definitely a better place to start.

Under Acid Hoof Doom Metal