NAHUM And the Chaos Has Begun

Album · 2015 · Thrash Metal
lucas
A powerful and convincing thrash/death metal that comes straight out of the czech city of steel, Ostrava

Steming from Czech Republic, the men in black of Nahum propose a music that is just as dark, even if this darkness is drowned in a brutality that is a call to move wildly our bodies rather than torment insidiously our souls. In order to answer this call, a tour would be welcome.

With this new vintage, the band steps even more into the chaotic breach it dug on the already very good first record published two years before. The title of the first track "Raging Chaos" was nevertheless not usurped. In this almost lovecraftian world, the black ink of an octopus hidden in the abyssal depths that a cavernous and horrifying voice haunts, dissolves in a vast ocean that a rain of fast punches and a thunder of tremolos keep rocking. Tired out by the hectic gallops of Neptune's Horses on the surface of an area of water already prey to the caprices of a stormy sky, our poor octopus offers no resistance to the wrath of the deity, anticipating indeed the gruesome fate that would await it otherwise. The animal dares spread its tentacles only to join the alarmed guitar in its imploring calls, as bewitching as the chants of a mermaid.

Little tempted by the company of small affectionate animals that are demanding caresses, Nahum have rather a thing for the death stare of wild animals that they follow in their search for food. The swiftness of Reign In Blood, the brutality of Legion and the oppression of Cause Of Death meet in a primal catharsis thanks to which we are as much amazed and dumbstruck as the first time we heard those albums.

Epic Metal Covers, Vol 1 Progressive Metal