Witnessing the Fall
SVART CROWN

SVART CROWN - Witnessing the Fall cover

Album · 2010

Filed under Death Metal

1. Where the Light Ends (1:36)
2. Colosseum (2:58)
3. Dogs of God (4:11)
4. Nahash the Temptator (5:15)
5. Here Comes Your Salvation (3:37)
6. Into a Demential Sea (4:19)
7. An Etemal Descent (6:16)
8. Strength Higher Than Justice (3:52)
9. Incestuos Breath (4:55)
10. Of Sulphur and Fire (8:10)

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

Label: Listenable Records
Release date: October 25th, 2010

Thanks to Vehemency for the updates

SVART CROWN MP3, Free Download/Stream

No SVART CROWN MP3s available for streaming.

Buy SVART CROWN - WITNESSING THE FALL music

Showing all 12 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Witnessing the FallWitnessing the Fall
LISTENABLE RECORDS 2011

More places to buy metal & SVART CROWN music

SVART CROWN WITNESSING THE FALL reviews

Vehemency
Blending together death and black metal, Svart Crown doesn’t break any boundaries on their sophomore major effort Witnessing the Fall, but nonetheless does its job - of bringing forth some utterly evil audial chaos - rather convincingly. While the band mostly focuses on heavy and averagely technical rhythmic patterns - both riff and drum-wise - not to forget the death metal growls, there’s a lot of religious black metal atonality going on in the melody department as well, making a sweet, albeit not entirely original, 46-minute whole of modern extreme metal.

What comes to individual songs on Witnessing the Fall, the album suffers from being a little generic: had this album been released in 2000 instead of 2010, I’m sure it would have triggered the interest of a wider audience, being on the quality level of e.g. Averse Sefira. But now, compared to all the other albums in the field (like the just recently reviewed Erebus by the Polish group Hate), Witnessing the Fall does little to shock the listener, no matter how convincingly Svart Crown delivers its malicious sounds and how well the members handle their instruments (after all, Witnessing the Fall is technically far from the cheapest and easiest metal albums).

Hence I find it hard to name even any particular standout moments from the album, but what is certain is that Witnessing the Fall moves enough swiftly to not bore me: tempo is often kept at high levels but there are slightly slower moments too amidst all the constant firing. ”An Eternal Descent” is worth mentioning, building up to a sweet melodic climax in the end, and the ending track ”Of Sulphur and Fire” partially laden with doom metal slowness and murkiness. Overall, Witnessing the Fall is a successful release that could however do better by adding something more original to the mix, but I’m certain that this satisfies many black/death metal listeners as it is.

No SVART CROWN WITNESSING THE FALL reviews posted by members yet.

No SVART CROWN ratings only posted yet.

Witnessing the Fall Contents