ROANOKE — Stormbringer

3. Frostheart (7:39)*

James Kosharek / Bass
Larry Pike / Drums
Todd Janeczek / Guitars, Vocals

Originally released in 100 handnumbered copies on CDr, Doomphonic records, 2006.
Re-released by SuperNova Records in 2008 – SNR 005 with two additional tracks, marked with an *

Thanks to renkls for the addition

Buy ROANOKE - STORMBRINGER music

StormbringerStormbringer
SUPERNOVA RECORDS 2007
Showing all 4 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 6h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & ROANOKE music

ROANOKE STORMBRINGER reviews

renkls
Roanoke has only released one full length album so far, and that is Stormbringer. After its release I assume they either split up or are in hiatus, as I've heard no word about them anywhere. As a debut, when first released, it was as one 31 minute track, entitled Stormbringer. It has since been re-released with two additional tracks, but as I own the original release, I'll just be reviewing the title track.

Roanoke play a style of doom metal that is reminiscent of Corrupted, slow, drawn out and repetitive. The comparision to Corrupted ends there however, because for a debut effort, it's relatively tame doom metal. I would conclude this is from less then stellar production values at play, because the guitar doesn't have the impact that an album name like 'Stormbringer' may imply, and the song tends to just repeat its chords without the same sustained intensity or premeditated purpose that Corrupted has in an album such as Paso Inferior. It doesn't bludgeon your face with powerful riffs or suck you into the remorseless repetitions. Worse then that, it doesn't grab you emotionally.

While it's not completely without redemption, it's a pretty stale offering when contrasted to other doom metal bands. And when I listen to it, I think of Corrupted and how I'd rather listen to them instead.

No ROANOKE STORMBRINGER reviews posted by members yet.

No ROANOKE ratings only posted yet.

Stormbringer Contents