As I Die

EP · 1993

Filed under Death-Doom Metal

1. As I Die (3:51)
2. Rape of Virtue (4:48)
3. Death Walks Behind You (6:30)
4. Eternal (live) (4:29)

Cover illustration and design by: Dave McKean at Hourglass (Courtesy Allen
Spiegal Fine Arts)

Thanks to UMUR, TheHeavyMetalCat for the updates

PARADISE LOST MP3, Free Download/Stream

No PARADISE LOST MP3s available for streaming.

Buy PARADISE LOST - AS I DIE music

As I DieAs I Die
Metal Blade 1993
As I Die by Paradise LostAs I Die by Paradise Lost
Mfn
As I DieAs I Die
Single · Import
Mfn 1992
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 33h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 12 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & PARADISE LOST music

PARADISE LOST AS I DIE reviews

"As I Die" is an EP released in April 1993 by UK doom metal act Paradise Lost. The EP was released through Music For Nations. The title track is pretty much THE song that paved the way for commercial success for Paradise Lost. "As I Die" is featured as a bonus track on the CD version of "Shades of God (1992)", while the vinyl version doesn´t feature the track.

The EP features 4 tracks and a playing time of 19:39 minutes. The title track opens the EP and it´s an iconic doom metal track and a Paradise Lost "classic". "Rape of Virtue" is next and as far as I understand it´s an outtake from the "Shades of God" sessions. It might have been recorded specifically for this release though. At the time of the release of this EP, this was the only place to hear the song. It´s not the most memorable track though and that further strengthens my outtake theory. The third track on the EP is a cover of "Death Walks Behind You", which was originally recorded by hard rock act Atomic Rooster and released on the "Death Walks Behind You" studio album in 1970. Paradise Lost puts a heavier doomy touch to the song but otherwise pretty much honours the original. I like this version. The last track on the EP is a live version of "Eternal". The studio version was originally featured on the "Gothic (1991)" album. Compared to the original studio version the live version features a significantly different vocals style by lead vocalist Nick Holmes. The original version featured deep majectic growls, while the live version features a more raspy high pitched style. The live version is allright, but nothing more. It pretty much bears testament to the fact that Paradise Lost wasn´t the best live act out there in their early years. That´s also the impression I got the times I saw them in those years.

...so one brilliant track ( the title track), one mediocre original track ("Rape of Virtue"), one pretty good cover track ("Death Walks Behind You") and one rather mediocre live track are what makes up this EP. I guess that warrants a 2.5 - 3 star rating and the stamp "mostly for fans".

No PARADISE LOST AS I DIE reviews posted by members yet.

• jsorigar