Rust
MONOLORD

MONOLORD - Rust cover

Album · 2017

Filed under Doom Metal

1. Where Death Meets the Sea (5:46)
2. Dear Lucifer (8:41)
3. Rust (5:39)
4. Wormland (6:05)
5. Forgotten Lands (12:44)
6. At Niceae (15:35)

- Mika Häkki / Bass, Ambience
- Esben Willems / Drums, Percussion
- Thomas Jäger / Guitars, Vocals, Cowbell

Label: RidingEasy Records
Release date: September 29th, 2017

Thanks to theheavymetalcat for the addition

MONOLORD MP3, Free Download/Stream

No MONOLORD MP3s available for streaming.

Buy MONOLORD - RUST music

RustRust
Riding Easy 2017
Rust - Ltd.Edit.Rust - Ltd.Edit.
RIDIN 2017
Vinyl$68.79
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 69h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 20 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 21h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & MONOLORD music

MONOLORD RUST reviews

Monolord's Rust (2017) has a simple yet eye-catching cover: two up-ended cars against a cloudy sky with, aptly, a great deal of rust in evidence. It looks not unlike like something you might run across when playing post-apocalyptic video game series Fallout (in fact, google Fallout 4's carhenge to see something that could easily be an extension of this album cover). What does that have in common with rust? Decay. Something that's past its prime, left to rot or simply put out to pasture. Despite it's name, Rust, which is this Swedish band's third album, is certainly not music that can be accused of such things and is actually some pretty compelling and heavy doom metal work that nevertheless displays a subdued vibe that fits with such themes.

The music on Rust is built on the simple premise that its listener is going to want to hear fuzzy guitar riffs that are heavy on the bass and then delivers them in abundance. Also containing elements of stoner metal and even a little bit of psychedelic rock, this doom metal record keeps the pace slow and the guitar tones heavy for most of its duration, but doesn't lack for melody either. The record can get a little samey at times, though in a hypnotic kind of manner, but is certainly engrossing at its finest moments such as early highlight Dear Lucifer, which is definitely one that will stick in many heads once they hear it.

Decent through it's first four tracks, Monolord then really hit their stride with a pair of long tracks to close the album, Forgotten Lands and At Niceae, which take up a little over half the running time between them. The band are clearly skilled at making the long track format work, but there is an unfortunate side-effect here where most of what came before, except Dear Lucifer whose title line will still be repeating in your head at that point, is eclipsed by them. It would be wrong to call Rust a patchy release since it's solid work all the way through, but it does feel like one that's clasping at but never grabbing true greatness.

I haven't heard Monolord's earlier albums Empress Rising (2014) and Vænir (2015) to say how well Rust compares, but I do know that despite some minor issues I enjoyed this one quite a lot and any who appreciate the more fuzz-drenched acts of the doom genre will certainly find something to love here.

No MONOLORD RUST reviews posted by members yet.

We Are the War Thrash Metal