ENSLAVED — Yggdrasil

2. Allfáðr Oðinn (7:50)
3. Intermezzo (1:33)
4. Hal Valr (7:26)
5. Niunda Heim (7:39)
6. The Winter Kingdom Opus I: Resound of Gjallarhorn (3:14)

Total time 34:22

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

Thanks to Time Signature for the addition

Buy ENSLAVED - YGGDRASIL music

More places to buy metal & ENSLAVED music

ENSLAVED YGGDRASIL reviews

siLLy puPPy
ENSLAVED made a steady progress from their debut demo “Nema” to their 2nd demo YGGDRASILL. On this release it is clear that the band was setting themselves apart from the rest of the second wave black metal pack by not only adding more progressiveness to their music but by focusing their lyrical content on their Norwegian Viking heritage instead of the majority of other black metal bands of the day who were more interested in attacking Christianity and the rest of the world at large. The title YGGDRASILL in fact refers to an immense tree in Norse cosmology which represents the existence of nine different worlds. Unfortunately all lyrics are in Norwegian and they could be singing about inflatable life rafts as far as I know.

This release is very much second wave black metal with extreme aggression, lo-fi production and all the usual shrieks and growls and blastbeats and buzzsaw tremolo guitar work. On the progressive front most songs are much longer with four out of six hitting the six minute mark. The addition of keyboards is more prominent and the song structures have incorporated interesting changes that display a clearer view of the path the band was embarking upon. The track “Allfáðr Oðinn” is so good that the band included it on their first officially released EP “Hordanes Land.” This demo shows a mature songwriting that is quite impressive for these young musicians who were paving their own way very early in the black metal game. I suspect the production will scare off many but I have a hi-tolerance for lo-fi and enjoy this release more than “Nema.”

No ENSLAVED YGGDRASIL reviews posted by members yet.

• Lynx33