Blood of Saints
ENGEL — the ultimate metal music online community, from the creators of

ENGEL - Blood of Saints cover

Filed under Metalcore

1. Question Your Place (03:35)
2. Frontline (02:57)
3. Feel Afraid (03:06)
4. Numb (02:54)
5. Cash King (04:39)
6. One Good Thing (03:20)
7. Blood of Saints (03:15)
8. Down to Nothing (03:29)
9. Drama Queen (03:16)
10. In Darkness (03:05)
11. Journey's End (04:50)

Japanese edition:

12. Neon Knights (Black Sabbath cover) (Japanese bonus track) (03:21)

- Magnus "Mangan" Klavborn / vocals
- Niclas Engelin / guitars
- Marcus Sunesson / guitars
- Steve Drennan / bass
- Jimmy Olausson / drums

Released 18th May 2012 on Season of Mist.

Thanks to Time Signature for the addition and Bosh66 for the updates

ENGEL MP3, Free Download/Stream

No ENGEL MP3s available for streaming.

Showing all 13 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on
Blood Of SaintsBlood Of Saints
Frost Byte Media 2012
Blood of Saints by Engel (2012-05-29)Blood of Saints by Engel (2012-05-29)
BLOOD OF SAINTS by Nippon Columbia JapanBLOOD OF SAINTS by Nippon Columbia Japan
Nippon Columbia Japan
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on

More places to buy metal & ENGEL music

Feel afraid...

Genre: industrial metalcore

The latest release by Swedish metal act Engel, "Blood of Saints" builds on the sound of the previous album "Threnody". Thus, the listener is treated to modern metalcore-based music in the form of 11 rocking tracks. The electronic aspect of Engel's sound strikes me as being more dominant on this album than on "Threnody".

The opener 'Question Your Place' is a pretty formulaic modern metalcore song (at least to my ears), featuring your typical heavy groove-based verse and melodic chorus. This track was a bit of a turn-off to me, but it is followed by two incredibly strong melodic tracks.

'Frontline' is more of an all out hard rocking metal track with, if not outright elements, then at least the drive of traditional metal and also features some nice melodic guitar leads. Similarly "Feel Afraid" features melodic elements that could be associated with traditional metal (but wrapped in a modern industrial metal sound). 'Numb' takes us back in metalcore-land, while 'Cash King' is an uptempo rocker with a very catchy melodic chorus. The album is characterized by this going back and forth between metalcore and more rock/metal inspired tracks. All wrapped in electronic effects and very melodic vocals.

I think that a lot of people will dislike this album for being melodic and following the formulas of commercial melodic metalcore. But, then again, Engel are good at using these formulas to churn out some solid songs that are catchy and memorable. The more metalcore-oriented tracks do not really appeal that much to me, but I do like the uptempo rock/metal-oriented tracks - especially the ones mentioned above.

Hardcore metal elitists should probably stay as far away from this album as possible, but if you like melodic metalcore with commercial appeal, then Engel's "Blood of Saints" is among the better releases within the genre, as it retains the spirit of rock.

No ENGEL BLOOD OF SAINTS reviews posted by members yet.

No ENGEL ratings only posted yet.

Blood of Saints Contents