Here Now, There Then

DOOL - Here Now, There Then cover

Album · 2017

Filed under Hard Rock

1. Vantablack (10:02)
2. Golden Serpents (5:48)
3. Words On Paper (4:40)
4. In Her Darkest Hour (6:08)
5. Oweynagat (6:33)
6. The Alpha (6:47)
7. The Death Of Love (4:43)
8. She Goat (4:54)

- Ryanne Van Dorst / vocals, guitars
- Micha Haring / drums
- Job Van De Zande / bass
- Reinier Vermeulen / guitars
- Nick Polak - guitars

Prophecy Records.
LP, CD, Download.

Thanks to Nightfly for the addition

DOOL MP3, Free Download/Stream

No DOOL MP3s available for streaming.

Buy DOOL - THERE THEN HERE NOW music

Here Now There ThenHere Now There Then
Prophecy 2017
Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 50h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 21 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 2h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & DOOL music

DOOL THERE THEN HERE NOW reviews

Nightfly
It was real shame back in 2014 When Selim Lemouchi , guitarist with The Devils Blood took his own life. Although they’d already split up it brought to an end any chance of a reformation of a band that showed real promise with their melodic occult rock showcasing the captivating vocals of Farida "F. The Mouth of Satan" Lemouchi. Dool features two member of that band, drummer Micha Haring and bassist Job Van De Zande and maintain the female vocal element by teaming up with Ryanne Van Dorst formerly known as Elle Bandita. The band is completed by guitarists Reinier Vermeulen and Nick Polak.

Here Now, There Then kicks off with the slow burn of Vantablack which at over 10 minutes drags on a bit not particularly going anywhere. Being a prog lover I’m certainly not averse to longer songs, in fact I love them, but I want a bit more substance to maintain my interest than is on display here, though it’s far from a disaster and saved by its dark melody. From here on in things get a bit more direct though they sometimes hit the six minute mark but with most of the songs being very melodic with strong hooks you barely notice. Van Dorst has a good voice and is able to carry the insistent and inventive melodies with ease. It doesn’t get any better than Words On Paper, In her Darkest Hour (perhaps the best of all) and Oweynagat which follow in succession. The Devils Blood were never as heavy as their name suggested and Dool are even less so. Although they have a hard rock element they also have a pop sensibility and could equally appeal to people who usually listen to indie music as rock fans.

Although She Goat is one of the least satisfying songs and not the best way to close an album, overall Here Now There Then delivers a strong collection of melodic rock with memorable hooks that get under your skin. Well worth checking out and a band to keep an eye on in the future.

No DOOL THERE THEN HERE NOW reviews posted by members yet.

• Bartje1979