DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL — Darkness Prevails

DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL - Darkness Prevails cover

EP · 2005

1. Darkness Prevails (03:44)
2. Some Friend (06:03)
3. Clouds (03:39)
4. LIYL (02:13)
5. Like It's Your Last (07:36)

2008 reissue:

6. Clouds (Remix)
7. Darkness Prevails (Final Demo)
8. Some Friend (Original Demo)
9. Clouds (Final Demo)
10. Like It's Your Last (Original Demo)

2008 reissue DVD:

1. Darkness Prevails (Music Video)
2. Clouds (Music Video)
3. Like It's Your Last (Music Video)
4. Recording (Studio Video)
5. Darkness Prevails (Live Video)
6. Like It's Your Last (Live Video)
7. The Starting (Live Video)

Released 2005 on Visible Noise Records.

Reissued 2008 with bonus tracks and DVD on Eyesofsound.

Thanks to Bosh66 for the updates

Buy DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL - DARKNESS PREVAILS music

Darkness Prevails by Devil Sold His SoulDarkness Prevails by Devil Sold His Soul
VISIBLE NOISE
Darkness PrevailsDarkness Prevails
Visible Noise 2008
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 64h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL music

DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL DARKNESS PREVAILS reviews

arcane-beautiful
(By the way...these guys aren't doom metal)

I have known about this band for a while, and have always had a soft spot for them. Now post metal to me can be a bit of a grey area. It can either be done ok or just bore me to tears. Now these guys do it pretty right for me. They’re not perfect…but no one is. But the thing that really attracted me to the band was the incorporation of post hardcore and screamo. Now with post hardcore, I have a massive soft spot for…but with scream…hmmm…

Ok…the first Bring Me The Horizon ep I actually like (which pains me to say so), but these guys do it pretty well. In fact, the best vocals on the album are the screams, which really add to the haunting atmosphere of the music. But the real negative of the band’s sound is the clean singing. It’s ok at times, but now and then it can be a bit whiney and reminds me of Poison The Well, who I really don’t like.

Musically the ep is brilliant, especially in the production. I’m surprised that these songs weren’t saved for their first album (although, when you listen to their first album, you really have t acknowledge that it is an “album”). The music blends well and every detail and guitar riff is heard, with precision detail in the production. I also love the fact that each guitar is in a separate ear, which is a very unique way of recording guitars.

Lyrically the album is pretty whiney…but in a philosophical stance. The songs don’t deal with ex girlfriends, but rather than quite universal situations that anyone can be in. To be honest, they’re a lot smarter than some of the bands who try and pull of this lyrical style.

1. Darkness Prevails – Great way to start off the ep...and their career. Probably my favourite song from these guys. Great twists, turns and atmospheric moments. Nice vocals. 9/10

2. Some Friend – Some really killer riffs and moments in this song. One of the most atmospheric moments on the ep. Great build ups throughout. 8/10

3. Clouds – One of the most straightforward songs on the ep. Some pretty cool vocals. 7/10

4. Liyl – It’s songs like this that makes me come back to this band and genre. A beautiful instrumental interlude. 8/10

5. Like It's Your Last – Wow, what a way to end an album. I love how this song is based around a simple pattern, but builds up and breaks down throughout. Great emotional vocals, and amaing instrumentation. An epic of a song. 10/10

CONCLUSION: This doesn’t seem to good…until the end. Yes this ep really does seem a lot better, especially after the last song and you have time to digest it. This band really do have a talent of surprising you, and because this is a debut

7.1/10

No DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL DARKNESS PREVAILS reviews posted by members yet.

No DEVIL SOLD HIS SOUL ratings only posted yet.

Darkness Prevails Contents