Diana Read Peace

Album · 1993

Filed under Progressive Metal

1. Mission (0:43)
2. Dead in Love (5:31)
3. Of Sceptre Their Ashes May Be (3:24)
4. Brotherhood Sleep... Back to Treasureland (9:45)
5. Mechanismeffects (4:44)
6. Fatehistory (6:51)
7. Peace in My Hands (5:39)
8. My Repertory of Grey (3:34)
9. The Mindartist (6:14)
10. In and for Nothing (5:35)
11. Pandemonium (9:20)
12. Myth (2:30)

- Klaus Pachura / Bass
- Christian Mertens / Vocals, Lyrics
- Michael Burmann / Guitars
- Hilton Theissen / Guitars
- Christoph Hesse / Drums

Massacre Records, 1993

Thanks to UMUR for the updates

DARK MILLENNIUM MP3, Free Download/Stream

No DARK MILLENNIUM MP3s available for streaming.

Buy DARK MILLENNIUM - DIANA READ PEACE music

Diana Read PeaceDiana Read Peace
Century Media Int'l 2015
Vinyl$27.99
Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 38h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 12 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & DARK MILLENNIUM music

DARK MILLENNIUM DIANA READ PEACE reviews

"Diana Read Peace" is the 2nd full-length studio album by German progressive metal act Dark Millennium. The album was released through Massacre Records in 1993. Dark Millennium was formed in 1989 and disbanded in the mid-90s after releasing two demos and two full-length studio albums. They started out playing death metal with doomy sections and occasionally progressive structures, but "Diana Read Peace" doesn´t feature much which indicate that Dark Millennium just the year before released the death metal oriented debut full-length studio album "Ashore the Celestial Burden (1992)".

Instead we´re treated to an adventurous and occasionally gothic take on progressive metal with a few nods towards thrash and doom metal. The atmosphere is dark, melancholic, and at times even alien, as if the band have visited places other people don´t dare to, and have found inspiration in that. Some tracks are not as complex as others, but there are some very progressive structured tracks on the album. The best example os probably the 9:45 minutes long "Brotherhood Sleep... Back to Treasureland".

The musicianship are on a high level, even though lead vocalist Christian Mertens is probably an aquired taste. He sometimes sound a bit out of tune, and his vocal lines are not that memorable and generally not very melodic. He sounds a bit strained when he does his more raw vocal parts too, and considering how strong his growling vocals were on the debut album, it´s a bit of a mystery why he would chose to sing in a vocal style like this on "Diana Read Peace". Development is almost always a positive, but in this case it´s a step down the quality ladder.

"Diana Read Peace" is a relatively well produced album, and as mentioned especially the instrumental part of the music is very well delivered, but the adventurous songwriting is sometimes a bit too adventurous for it´s own good, and sometimes it feels like Dark Millennium had a thousand individual ideas for each track, and some parts and transitions between parts therefore come off as disjointed from the rest of the track.

So upon conclusion "Diana Read Peace" is an album that leaves me a bit biased as I hail the adventurous nature of the album and the high level musicianship, but at the same time I have some issues with the vocals, and with the core songwriting (the album is also a bit too long featuring a playing time that exceeds the hour mark). "Diana Read Peace" therefore ends up falling in the catagory of being more interesting than actually good, but I´d still say a 3 - 3.5 star (65%) rating is warranted.

No DARK MILLENNIUM DIANA READ PEACE reviews posted by members yet.

• alexius108