Limits of Insanity

1. Atomic Death (6:53)
2. Short Dreams (5:34)
3. Highway 401 (4:44)
4. Rabies (3:26)
5. Limits of Insanity (7:10)
6. Knight Riders (6:02)
7. Evil Scars (4:04)
8. WD (0:59)

- André Rod / Bass, Vocals
- João Paulo Francis / Guitars
- Mário Sanefuji / Drums
- Pyda Rod / Guitars

Cogumelo Records, April 1989

Recorded and mixed at 16 tracks at J.G. Studios, April 1989, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

The original version is only available on 12" LP.

Thanks to UMUR for the updates

ATTOMICA MP3, Free Download/Stream

No ATTOMICA MP3s available for streaming.

Buy ATTOMICA - LIMITS OF INSANITY music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
Disturbing the NoiseDisturbing the Noise
Cogumelo 2007
Audio CD$41.00 (used)
Attomica 4Attomica 4
Tratore Music Brasil 2008
Showing 2 items | Cache expiring in 34h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 5 items | Price may be different, data is cached, expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & ATTOMICA music

ATTOMICA LIMITS OF INSANITY reviews

"Limits of Insanity" is the 2nd full-length studio album by Brazilian thrash metal act Attomica. The album was released through Cogumelo Records in April 1989. There´s been one lineup change since the 1987 self-titled debut album as bassist André Rod has taken over the lead vocals in addition to playing bass and Laerte "Animal" Perr who sang on the debut album is out of the band.

The change on the lead vocalist spot has a major impact on the band´s sound. While the debut album was a slightly blackened and very raw and old school sounding thrash metal release, the music on "Limits of Insanity" is slightly more technical and features a little bit of a power metal influence because of André Rod´s singing style. He has a very high pitched vocal style, but even though he is more a singer than a barking raw staccato delivering thrash metal vocalist, his vocal lines are strangely lacking melody and they are ultimately rather monotone. His voice is of the kind that pierce my skull and makes my ears bleed, and it´s actually a bit of a trial listening to him sing for the duration of "Limits of Insanity". He is definitely in the catagory of singers that are an aquired taste.

The instrumental part of the music doesn´t help him shine either. It´s pretty standard thrash metal played by average musicians, packed in a thin and pretty poor sounding production. Although the debut album wasn´t without flaws, it had that raw old school charm to it, that can save most standard thrash metal releases from becoming completely redundant, but "Limits of Insanity" doesn´t possess that charm and ultimately comes off as a very mediocre thrash metal release with monotone high pitched vocals. If you can endure the vocals, the album might appeal a bit more to you than it does to me, but as it is now I can´t rate it higher than a 2.5 star (50%) rating.

No ATTOMICA LIMITS OF INSANITY reviews posted by members yet.

No ATTOMICA ratings only posted yet.

Toxic End Thrash Metal