Alot of people complain about the production work of this album...but compared to their demo...this is sound qulaity at its best.
Now grindcore usually is supposed to have bad production quality...its just the way it is...its to keep the punk element quality alive, which is the interpretation through the art...although some people leave their hats at the door when art and music are combined.
This is a strong grindcore album...comparing it to Scum by Napalm Death, Scum is favoured alot...but Carcass did add their own flair to the grindcore seen...with some stoner, death metal and less punk to their music.
In the 80's when everything was incredibly overdone...the grindcore scene really was a push foward...and thanks to John Peel and other followers, it really blossomed into something interesting.
As grindcore goes this isn't too bad...the prouduction is pretty good for a grind album and as a debut, its pretty impressive.
Ohh and the artwork is cool...and the lyrics are also very interested (if you're into gore and all haha)
1. Genital Grinder - Good intro. Production is a bit muddy. 8/10
2. Regurgitation Of Giblets - Great riffs and some cool vocals. Classic example of grind. 10/10
3. Maggot Colony - Some interesting riffs and sections. Killer vocals. 9/10
4. Pyosisfied (Rotten To The Gore) - Killer main riff. Very interesting arrangement with some punky and stoner moments. 9/10
5. Carbonized Eyesockets - Killer vocals. Just crazy as hell. 10/10
6. Frenzied Detruncation - Very mind melting. 8/10
7. Vomited Anal Tract - It does sound like vomit haha. 10/10
8. Festerday - Killer blast beats. I love how short and quick the song is. 10/10
9. Fermenting Innards - Quite punky. Sometimes the guitar is too muddy in the mix. 8/10
10. Excreted Alive - Nice riffs and a cool guitar solo. 8/10
11. Suppuration - Love the chorus. A very frantic song. I love how raw the guitar sounds and how it at times goes offbeat with the drums. 10/10
12. Foeticide - Great arrangment. Jeff's vocals are amazing. 10/10
13. Microwaved Uterogestation - Love the chorus. The time changes are pretty cool too. 10/10
14. Feast On Dismembered Carnage - I love how the vocals are manipualted in the song. 10/10
15. Splattered Cavities - A very frantic & head crushing song. A bit scary at times. 10/10
16. Psychopatholigist - Great lyrics. Some cool riffs and crazy tempos. Cool evil vocals at times. 10/10
17. Burnt To A Crisp - Pretty cool vocals and arrangement. I love Jeff's wee scream at the start. 9/10
18. Pungent Excruciation - Interesting guitar solos. I love that heavy bass sound. 8/10
19. Manifestation Of Verrucose Urethra - Some cool moments with some nice guitar work. 8/10
20. Oxidised Razor Masticator - Cool arrangement, but pretty generic. 8/10
21. Mucopurelence Excretor - Nice and quick :D 9/10
22. Malignant Defecation - Great intro. Odd arrangment throughout. 9/10
CONCLUSION: This album isn't their best and its not the best grindcore album I've heard