I really feel sorry for HIM, cause their such a good band, but people only like them when their in, or whenever Bam Margera isn’t as popular or famous as he was…it’s a right shame…
But to be honest, I don’t care, I will always love these guys, I don’t care if their popular or not, all I know is that they will still do what they do best, constantly make great albums and songs.
I was impressed by this album, being their second, is was quite a step from their doomy first. This album was a bit more pop and the singles from this album really are their most classic songs. Ville still adorned the cover, but to be honest, even though he did love himself a bit too much back in the day, Ville will always be HIM, he writes the songs, he’s the voice of HIM and to be honest, he’s just a legend, in his own weird right.
I wouldn’t say this is HIM’s best album, cause there is one or 2 that I think surpass this one, but to be honest, it’s a HIM album, and that’s all you need to know.
1. Your Sweet 666 – That main riff is just classic. Great song with an amazing chorus. I do prefer the And Love Said No version with louder keyboards. 10/10
2. Poison Girl – Great chorus and some great vocals. Classic HIM really. 10/10
3. Join Me In Death – Even though this song is about suicide, it really is one of the greatest love songs have ever heard. So beautiful and so truthful, it’s a bit dark romantic, but hey that’s him for ya. 10/10
4. Right Here In My Arms – Their most poppiest song I think. I don’t care, this song just rules. 10/10
5. Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart – Quite doomy and gothic. Great baritone from Ville. 9/10
6. Wicked Game – One of those times a cover is better than an original. Although HIM always do covers justice. 10/10
7. I Love You – Such a cool chorus with some great layered deep vocals 10/10
8. Gone With The Sin – Very soothing and calm. Great vocal moment from Ville. 10/10
9. Razorblade Kiss – Quite punky, with some quite heavy guitar moments. 9/10
10. Resurrection – This is one of my friend’s HIM songs (in fact she leant me this cd, cause my brother wouldn’t buy it haha). And she’s always right haha. 10/10
11. Death Is In Love With Us –Sone interesting lyrics and a great chorus. 9/10
12. Heaven Tonight – A nice little ender. 9/10
CONCLUSION: HIM never fear to interest me. Some really classic moments on this album.