PRESTO BALLET — Peace Among the Ruins

PRESTO BALLET - Peace Among the Ruins cover

Album · 2005

1. Peace Among the Ruins (5:47)
2. The Fringes (7:34)
3. Seasons (3:39)
4. Find the Time (6:32)
5. Speed of Time (6:36)
6. Sunshine (4:51)
7. Slave (5:33)
8. Bringin' It On (6:43)

- Scott Albright / lead vocals, acoustic guitar
- Kurdt Vanderhoof / guitars, Mellotron, Chamberlin, Hammond organ, synths, bass pedals, electric pianos
- Brian Cokeley / piano, Hammond organ, synthesizers, electric pianos, lead and backing vocals
- Jeff Wade / drums and percussion
- Brian Lake / bass

CD InsideOutMusic IOMCD 210 (June 6th 2005)

Thanks to colt, adg211288 for the updates

Buy PRESTO BALLET - PEACE AMONG THE RUINS music

Peace Among the RuinsPeace Among the Ruins
InsideOutMusic 2005
0 results found for "presto ballet" peace among the ruins
Retry your search with "presto ballet" on eBay.com website

More places to buy metal & PRESTO BALLET music

PRESTO BALLET PEACE AMONG THE RUINS reviews

"Peace Among the Ruins" is the debut full-length studio album by US progressive rock/metal act Presto Ballet. The album was released through InsideOutMusic in June 2005. Presto Ballet was founded by guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof, who wanted to pursue a progressive rock career in addition to his work with traditional heavy metal act Metal Church.

The music on the album is 70s influenced progressive rock with a hard rock singer and some nods toward progressive metal. The use of vintage keyboards (especially mellotron)/organ are dominant features on the album, but Presto Ballet are no one trick pony, and skillfully incorporate heavy guitars and psychadelic pop flavours (reminiscent of late sixties Beatles) to colour their brand of progressive rock. "Peace Among the Ruins" are both exceptionally well played and very well produced, which makes it a very enjoyable listening experience. It´s the high level songwriting skills that stick out the most though. Intriguing Progressive rock tracks like the title track, "The Fringes" and "Speed of Time" are complimented by more pop oriented tracks like "Seasons" and "Sunshine" but also by a heavier and darker track like "Slave". I think it says a lot about the quality of the material and the musicians involved, that Presto Ballet pull off all music styles they play in a highly convincing manner. These guys are professional to the bone. If I have to make references to other artists I would mention acts like Spock´s Beard and Frost* (and a slight nod towards Kansas).

"Peace Among the Ruins" is the kind of album that blew me back in my seat the first time I listened to it. Further listens have proven the longivity of the album, but it is what I would call an instantly enjoyable and memorable release. They don´t come much more professional than this and a 4 star (80%) rating is fully deserved.

No PRESTO BALLET PEACE AMONG THE RUINS reviews posted by members yet.

• adg211288

Vultures Metalcore
THE ASCENSION
Submit To Reality Sludge Metal
GIGER

The Damned Human Flesh - Inferno (Web Clip Oficial)
THE DAMNED HUMAN FLESH
Tupan· 24 minutes ago
Where the Oceans Fall - Stream (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
WHERE THE OCEANS FALL