CLOUDKICKER - Fade cover

- Ben Sharp / All instruments and programming

Full-Length, Released August 2 2012, Self-Released

Music by Ben Sharp and Adam Castle
Art direction & design by Charlie Wagers for Three Bears Design

This album was self-recorded, self-funded, and self-released. Proceeds go directly to the artist. Available for download at any price or a CD at http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com.

Thanks to SKwid for the addition and triceratopsoil for the updates

CLOUDKICKER MP3, Free Download/Stream

• Dysphoria The Discovery, 2008
  • % ]]][[[ (aka A New Heavenly Body), 2010

No release results found : showing artist results instead
Live with IntronautLive with Intronaut
Century Media 2014
Live with Intronaut by Cloudkicker (2014-08-03)Live with Intronaut by Cloudkicker (2014-08-03)
Century Media
Live With Intronaut by Century MediaLive With Intronaut by Century Media
Century Media
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 22h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
0 results found for "cloudkicker" fade
Retry your search with "cloudkicker" on eBay.com website

More places to buy metal & CLOUDKICKER music

Wordless poetry

Ben Sharp continues with his solo, hovering hundreds of meters above the ground, weaving wordless stories about the world from a bird's eye perspective. The only thing we know about the whole creative process, is that it's set in the American airspace. Cloudkicker's third full-length album is just that: American airspace post-rock ambient-djent. That requires some explanation, I guess...

In the previous album Ben Sharp created a simple yet mesmerizing collection of post-rock songs. Even though his latest release may be considered as a return to the roots, it's still a logical step forward from its predecessor. FADE is basically an outcome of putting LET YOURSELF BE HUGE and BEACONS together. The atmosphere is dreamy yet tense, reminiscent of the feeling you get while looking at the world through an airplane or bus window. While on BEACONS the ambiance was determined by the album's dark concept, here it reminds me of loose impressions from a flight or a trip across the States. The feeling of freedom you get while on the road, melancholy and anxiety triggered by a city's night panorama, loneliness in a nameless crowd - all that can be found in FADE.

Even though the music can bother me sometimes with its American pop-punk undertones, post-rock build-ups and crescendos crafted by Ben Sharp are emotional to say the least. Ambient parts impart even more of the ethereal atmosphere to the album, which makes it a soothing listen despite its undeniable heaviness. Most of all though, Cloudkicker finally found a happy medium between repetition and variety of themes. It's a well composed and varied post-metal album and I can safely say it's Ben Sharp's best.

- Available for download at any price at http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com -

No CLOUDKICKER FADE reviews posted by members yet.

• Lynx33