KAMELOT — Dominion

By KAMELOT

1. Ascension (1:25)
2. Heaven (3:39)
3. Rise Again (4:06)
4. One Day I'll Win (5:39)
5. We Are Not Separate (3:45)
6. Birth of a Hero (5:17)
7. Creation (5:06)
8. Sin (3:35)
9. Song of Roland (4:54)
10. Crossing Two Rivers (4:29)
11. Troubled Mind (4:39)

Release date: April 15, 1997
Label: Sanctuary Records Group

Thanks to adg211288, Unitron, diamondblack for the updates

Buy KAMELOT - DOMINION music

Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 28h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & KAMELOT music

KAMELOT DOMINION reviews

The band’s debut 'Eternity', despite being nothing more than standard 90's power metal, had some pretty cool moments in there. Unfortunately their follow-up album, 'Dominion', is more-or-less the same thing, only with all-round weaker and less memorable songs.

However, with that said, there are two highlights for me, which is 'Song of Roland' and 'We Are Not Separate'. At this point both of these songs are stronger than anything else Kamelot recorded on this album or its predecessor. Sadly they're just not enough to save the whole album from being anything more than "good".

An all-round good power metal album, not really for anyone other than Kamelot diehards though. The best is yet to come.
Unitron
Kamelot-Dominion

'Dominion' is the second studio album by symphonic/power metal band Kamelot. Unlike most people, I think that this is a much stronger album then their debut. While their debut had it's shining moments, it felt a little too much like Queensryche at times. Not that that's a bad thing, I love Queensryche, but the best songs were the more unique tracks. For me, 'Dominion' shows a natural progression from debut to sophomore effort, having an overall stronger and more unique sound.

The album starts out with a symphonic prelude 'Ascension', which I find to be a great opener for the album and a great transition into the next track 'Heaven'. 'Heaven' immediately begins with double bass and a really fast bass-line. I love the solo and how the crunching guitar plays under the solo. The next song 'Rise Again' begins with an industrial feel having pulsating drums/electronics with the occasional guitar slash. The song does of course go into power metal, but surprisingly keeps the industrial sounds. Vanderbilt's vocals also fit really well with both the power and industrial styles. Definitely one of my favorites. Another one of my favorites comes right after, the powerful 'One Day I'll Win'. After the symphonic intro passes, the melodic guitar comes in with Vanderbilt's powerful vocals. While the song does remain the same most throughout, I never tire of the powerful stomp of the entire song.

The instrumental, "Creation", is one of the best on the album. It is simply beautiful, especially with the classical guitar work. Another favorite is the song after, 'Sin'. Beginning softly, the crunching guitar soon comes in. This song has many transitions from soft to heavy, and after the 2nd transition the song changes with some groove metal guitar.

This is the final album to feature original vocalist Mark Vanderbilt, and would be replaced with the great Roy Khan. While I do think Roy Khan is the better vocalist, and his vocals would contribute greatly to masterpieces such as 'Epica' and 'The Black Halo', Mark Vanderbilt does give a great performance on this album. Vanderbilt's vocals seem more raw then Khan's, and musically this album a bit rawer and much less polished. He still does sound like Geoff Tate at times here, but I think the rawness this time around gives his vocals his own sound.

Overall, a big step up from the debut, and I highly recommend this album to any fans of symphonic/power metal.

Hope you found this review helpful.

Feel free to comment!

No KAMELOT DOMINION reviews posted by members yet.

• Necrotica