SATAN'S HOST Pre-dating God Part 2

Album · 2015 · Power Metal
Fanning the flames of hell...

Genre: satanic power metal

Satan's Host have been around for a long time and explored various corners of the metal universe, including traditional metal, black metal, thrash metal, and power metal... yeah, blackened power metal is a reality! One constant element has been satanic blasphemy and that's one of the things that we love about Satan's Host. In 2015, they are going to release an epic double release entitled "Pre-dating God".

Part two of this epic opus picks up on the power-thrashy style of part one, and starts out with an extremely aggressive thrasher in the form of 'Fanning the Flames of Hell' with its soaring chorus and raging guitars. 'Soul Wrent' is a heavier affair and reminds me a bit of King Diamond's at his heaviest, and 'Lady n' the Snake' goes even heavier and incorporates elements of epic doom metal. 'As the Dead, They Sleep' is within the same heavy style, albeit less influenced by doom metal, and 'Descending in the Shadow of Osiris' is an epic track with a slight touch of King Diamond.

Compared to Part one, this is one is generally heavier and less thrashy - despite the aggressive opening track. It is just as entertaining though, but with a darker edge. As with part one, the musicianship is top notch as is the vocal performance.

Dans of power-thrash and US power metal should definitely check out both parts one and two of this epic metalfest by Satan's Host.

Cosmic Black Wizard Demon Horse Lord Sludge Metal