SHINING — Animal

1. Take Me (3:32)
2. Animal (3:32)
3. My Church (3:36)
4. Fight Song (3:50)
5. When The Lights Go Out (3:40)
6. Smash It Up! (3:24)
7. When I'm Gone (3:42)
8. Everything Dies (3:50)
9. End (4:22)
10. Hole In The Sky (feat. Linnea Dale) (4:03)

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

Label: Spinefarm Records
Formats: CD, LP

Thanks to tupan for the addition and adg211288 for the updates

Buy SHINING - ANIMAL music

More places to buy metal & SHINING music

SHINING ANIMAL reviews

Kev Rowland
Jørgen Munkeby (saxophonist and guitarist, a graduate of the Norwegian Academy of Music) has long been the driving force between Norway’s jazz-metal collective, Shining. Over the years they have broken down musical barriers and have refused to be categorised into any particular style of music, as they mixed progressive, technical metal, jazz, avant-garde and experimental sounds. But now he is back with something different “I was tired of doing the same thing,” he explains. “I was done with ‘Blackjazz’ and wanted to create something new and exciting. I needed a change. I’m finally at the point where I have nothing to lose and everything to win. We had 360 degrees to play with so we could’ve gone in any direction. This new record is more Muse than Meshuggah, more Ghost than Gojira, and more Biffy Clyro than Burzum!”

It is all over the place as one might expect from the quote, and given Shining are known for having the sax as a key instrument it is somewhat surprising for one not to make any appearance anywhere on this! Devin Townsend has been an obvious influence, as have Linkin Park, and it is when the guys are really pushing the envelope with downtuned guitars and stacks of groove that they really make the listener stand up and take notice. It is mainstream for the most part, and it will be interesting to see how hardcore fans view this, as while it is an okay album, it is never really much more than that, and certainly not one which would be expected from him/them. It is almost a case of treating this as a brand-new band, and while the sound is very modern and powerful, for some reason it feels as if it as all been produced at the same level and consequently there just isn’t enough drama for it to be consistently interesting.

No SHINING ANIMAL reviews posted by members yet.

State of Deception Progressive Metal