SAXON — Strong Arm of the Law

SAXON - Strong Arm of the Law cover

Album · 1980

Filed under NWoBHM
By SAXON

1. Heavy Metal Thunder (4:13)
2. To Hell and Back Again (4:37)
3. Strong Arm of the Law (4:30)
4. Taking Your Chances (4:09)
5. 20,000 ft. (3:44)
6. Hungry Years (4:36)
7. Sixth Form Girls (4:15)
8. Dallas 1 PM (6:16)

- Biff Byford / vocals
- Graham Oliver / guitar
- Paul Quinn / guitar
- Steve Dawson / bass
- Pete Gill / drums

Full length, Carrere, 1980.

Thanks to Pekka, adg211288 for the updates

Buy SAXON - STRONG ARM OF THE LAW music

Strong Arm Of The LawStrong Arm Of The Law
Union Square 2018
Wheels of Steel / Strong Arm of the LawWheels of Steel / Strong Arm of the Law
Extra tracks · Remastered
EMI Import 1997
Classic Albums-Strong Arm of the Law/The Eagle HasClassic Albums-Strong Arm of the Law/The Eagle Has
EMI Import 2011
Strong Arm of the LawStrong Arm of the Law
Edge J26181 2011
Strong Arm of the Law / Denim & LeatherStrong Arm of the Law / Denim & Leather
Axe Killer 2004
Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law Cassette Tape PZT 37679Saxon - Strong Arm of the Law Cassette Tape PZT 37679
Careere
Showing 6 items | Cache expiring in 71h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & SAXON music

SAXON STRONG ARM OF THE LAW reviews

Saxon's Strong Arm of the Law followed hot on the heels of Wheels of Steel and offers just as compelling material. Dallas 1pm offers what must be one of the earliest examples of the use of sampled audio on a metal track, as well as the most effective, but otherwise we're still on the solid, tried and true formula of the previous album. Still, you can't expect the band to have revolutionised their sound so rapidly after their previous album, and when the gang are on form to this extent and the songs are this good I'd say the formula is worth repeating.

RuneWalsh2112
Even though the great Saxon album streak didn't start until their second album "Wheels Of Steel", once the thunder struck it was almost certain to strike again. This is essentially what happened with the release of "Strong Arm Of The Law"!

Unlike its predecessor, "Strong Arm Of The Law" starts off with lesser known but equally essential heavy metal classics "Heavy Metal Thunder" and "To Hell And Back Again". I actually happen to prefer this album's intro more than any other one from Saxon. It's a bit unfortunate that the album begins to wind down towards its halfway point with the album's title track being a rather cozy but overall too mellow Saxon track. "Taking Your Chances" kicks things back into high gear once again and "20,000 ft." pushes the envelope even further, thus making this track one of my top 3 Saxon essentials.

The final three album tracks are unfortunately not as strong, with the low point being "Sixth Form Girls", but the record still holds together excellently. It's quite amazing to see Saxon release their three essential releases ("Wheels Of Steel" to "Denim and Leather") in a time span of less than 1,5 years but that's essentially what happened. "Strong Arm Of The Law" is highly recommended to fans of Heavy Metal!

***** star songs: Heavy Metal Thunder (4:21) To Hell And Back Again (4:45) Taking Your Chances (4:20) 20,000 ft. (3:17)

**** star songs: Strong Arm Of The Law (4:39) Hungry Years (5:18) Dallas 1 PM (6:29)

*** star songs: Sixth Form Girls (4:20)
mjayeh
I was given this album to me from my high school journalism teacher in 1983 whom at the time was also a Music/Movie critic or our local newspaper. At first glance, I loved the album cover and had no idea the treat I was in for when I brought it home and placed it on the platter of my turntable. I had heard of these guys from a friend of mine that was really into the NWoBHM scene, but had not heard anything from them. From track one, Heavy Metal Thunder to the last Dallas 1 PM about the killing of JFK, I was hooked. I wore the album out and both cassette tapes that I had made from that album. I would suggest getting your hands on this little gem and enjoy it in an entire session over and over again.

• ian