METALLICA — Creeping Death / Jump in the Fire EP

1. Creeping Death
2. Am i Evil?
3. Blitzkrieg
4. Jump in the Fire
5. Seek & Destroy (Fake live version)
6. Phantom Lord (Fake live version)

- James Hetfield / Guitar, Vocals
- Kirk Hammett / Guitar
- Cliff Burton / Bass
- Lars Ulrich / Drums

EP, Music for Nations 1984.

Bunches together two previously released singles.

Thanks to AtomicCrimsonRush for the addition and Pekka for the updates

Buy METALLICA - CREEPING DEATH / JUMP IN THE FIRE EP music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
MetallicaMetallica
Reissued
Blackened Recordings 2013
Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (Limited Deluxe Edition)Hardwired...To Self-Destruct (Limited Deluxe Edition)
Rhino/Blackened Recordings ADA 2016
Ride The LightningRide The Lightning
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2016
LoadLoad
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2013
...And Justice For All (Remastered)...And Justice For All (Remastered)
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2018
Master Of Puppets (Remastered Expanded Edition)(3CD)Master Of Puppets (Remastered Expanded Edition)(3CD)
Remastered
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2017
S&MS&M
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2013
...And Justice For All (Remastered)(3CD)...And Justice For All (Remastered)(3CD)
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2018
Kill 'Em AllKill 'Em All
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2016
Re-loadRe-load
Rhino/Blackened Recordings 2013
Showing 10 items only | Cache expiring in 2h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Showing all 5 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 4h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

More places to buy metal & METALLICA music

METALLICA CREEPING DEATH / JUMP IN THE FIRE EP reviews

Metallica's 'Creeping Death/Jump in the Fire' EP, combining two singles/EP's on one disk, is a nice little collectable for die-hard Metallica fans, although being difficult to find nowadays. it's not really worth the effort, especially since the bulk of the songs (or should that be "the most important ones") are more easily available elsewhere.

The title track is arguably one of the best tracks from the 'Ride the Lightning' album, and the two accompanying covers are good, but again, are easier to obtain on other releases, namely, the 1998 album 'Garage Inc.', which collects every cover Metallica had recorded up to that point along with new ones recorded specifically for that album. The two songs in question are 'Blitzkrieg', originally by the band Blitzkrieg (who?) and 'Am I Evil', by Diamond Head (who... ah, never mind), a song Metallica have covered so well and so often that it has more-or-less become their own.

Unfortunately it's the "second half" of this EP that ruins it for me, the 'Jump in the Fire' section, which consists of the aforementioned song and two live cuts.

Whilst I like the album 'Kill 'Em All', I don't consider 'Jump in the Fire' to be an overly memorable song, and the two "live tracks" (rumoured to be normal tracks with crowd noises dubbed in) sound awful by the standards of todays live albums, whether the dubbed-in crowd story is true or not.

Overall this is a cool addition to the collection if you love Metallica and look to own everything, but since this can be pretty tricky to find anyway, it's really not worth the effort.
AtomicCrimsonRush
A fair promotional tool for the brand new Metallica band that nobody had yet heard of. I remember hearing these songs thrashed on the metal radio show and I was not really convinced that the EP would be worth purchasing till I heard the awesome Creeping Death, one of their greatest compositions. The Blitzkrieg and Am I Evil cover versions are better than the original although Diamond Head were clear influences. The EP ended up in bargain bins, but it was nice taster of all that is great about the legendary Metallica.

The fake live versions of Seek & Destroy and Phantom Lord are more humourous than anything due to that crowd noise taken from some other band's concert. I guess the band were attempting to sound like they were popular but they were still very much an underground act doing the circuits of pubs and small venues. All that would change when the album Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets was released, and after that they were unstoppable and became a household name.

No METALLICA CREEPING DEATH / JUMP IN THE FIRE EP reviews posted by members yet.

• Fant0mas