YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN — Marching Out

YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN - Marching Out cover

Album · 1985

1. Prelude (1:00)
2. I'll See the Light, Tonight (4:24)
3. Don't Let It End (4:07)
4. Disciples of Hell (5:53)
5. I Am a Viking (5:58)
6. Overture 1383 (2:59)
7. Anguish and Fear (3:47)
8. On the Run Again (3:22)
9. Soldier without Faith (6:08)
10. Caught in the Middle (4:17)
11. Marching Out (3:08)

- Yngwie J. Malmsteen / all electric and acoustic guitars, backing vocals, moog guitar pedals
- Anders Johansson / drums
- Jens Johansson / electric and acoustic keyboards
- Marcel Jacob / bass
- Jeff Scott Soto / vocals

Label: Polydor

Thanks to NJCat_11 for the addition and rushfan4 for the updates

Buy YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN - MARCHING OUT music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 38h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN music

YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN MARCHING OUT reviews

No YNGWIE J. MALMSTEENMARCHING OUT reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

SouthSideoftheSky
Please let it end!

After the groundbreaking and excellent debut came this disappointing album. While the debut was mostly instrumental and quite unconventional and progressive, Marching Out is mostly non-instrumental and rather conventional in nature. Indeed, songs like I’ll See The Light Tonight and Don’t Let It End have a commercial sound and comes uncomfortably close to Pop Metal territory. The worst part of the whole thing is the lyrics, which are weak at best and cheesy at worst. I Am A Viking is a good case in point! Sure you are, Yngwie!

There are, however, moments of brilliance also on this album and these moments are primarily the instrumental tracks and the instrumental sections in the vocal tracks. The excellent keyboard solos of Jens Johansson that were such an important part of the debut are much fewer, much shorter and much farther in between here. Also, though often good, the guitar/keyboard duels between Yngwie and Johansson add nothing new to what they already did on the debut.

Overall, I would say that the second side of the album is stronger than the first side; Overture 1383, Anguish And Fear and the instrumental title track are all good songs.

Do my no means begin here!
Tritone
A magnificent second part

After a masterly debut with "RIsing Force", Ygnwie comes back to the attack with another wonderful but very different album. Here, the role of the instrumental themes has turned inside out with only two ones, having voice the rest of the album. We have again Jeff Scott Soto on voice, with much more prominence now; and Jens Johansson on keyboards. On the bass, now we find the virtuoso swedish player Marcel Jacob, that would found years later Talisman beside Jeff. The other incorporation is Ander Johansson on drums, the brother of Jens, that would stay several years in the band. Once again, Yngwie would take charge of composing, producing, mixing and arrangements.

The sound in this album is much more sharpened and heavy than in the fisrt one, but still including classical guitars and acoustic keyboards here and there, resulting in a metal style absolutly loud but full of musicianship, virtuoso playing and beautiful melodies. As well as in the first album, Yngwie here continued showing the path for a lot of metal bands in tyhe future.

Despite being wondewrful the whole album, if I have to choose some theme, I'd choose the two instrumental little jewels: "Overture 1383" and "Marching Out", and maybe "Don't Let It End".

• Seven Moons