KING DIAMOND — The Dark Sides (review)

KING DIAMOND — The Dark Sides album cover EP · 1988 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Andy
"The Dark Sides" is a good compilation. Short but good.If "Halloween" and "Them" are from "Fatal Portrait" and "Them", "No Presents for Christmas" is a single track (and as bonus track on limited edition of "Fatal Portrait"), "Shrine" is another single track (and as bonus track on limited edition on "Abigail")as "The Lake" is another single track (and as bonus track on limited edition on "Fatal Portrait". "Phone Call" is a previously unreleased track (this is only a fake phone call between King and his grandmother).

The music is good, obvioudly. Typical 80's Heavy Metal with good melodies and power. In my opinion is an excellent addition to a good 80's Metal collection or if you love Traditional Heavy Metal. But is clear that "The Dark Sides" isn't a compilation that introduce King Diamond in a good manner. Notwithstanding, because it also contains rare songs, And because is a good sidekick during a driving trip i think that this Ep/ compilation is good. But not essential.

Andy wrote:
Thanks, Unitron and UMUR. Compilation are good for an introduction to the band orf the artist (if done right). I bought this compilation used. Here is rare material. I like it for that.
Nice review, welcome to the site! :-)
I think it´s a nice Little release too, but like you I prefer the regular studio albums over this one.

La Excusa Perfecta Deathcore