IRON MAIDEN — El Dorado

- Nicko McBrain / drums

Single.

Thanks to Time Signature for the addition and Lynx33 for the updates

Buy IRON MAIDEN - EL DORADO music

No release results found : showing artist results instead
A Matter of Life and Death (Deluxe)A Matter of Life and Death (Deluxe)
The Number Of The Beast [LP]The Number Of The Beast [LP]
Dance Of DeathDance Of Death
The Final FrontierThe Final Frontier
The Book Of SoulsThe Book Of Souls
Sanctuary Records 2019
The Number of the Beast (Deluxe)The Number of the Beast (Deluxe)
Sanctuary Records 2018
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son [LP]Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son [LP]
Sanctuary 2014
Seventh Son Of A Seventh SonSeventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Sanctuary Records 2019
Showing 10 items only | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & IRON MAIDEN music

IRON MAIDEN EL DORADO reviews

Pekka
Who knows, it might have been exactly ten years ago today that my friend rang the door bell with Brave New World in his hand and made me an Iron Maiden fan within minutes. My most obsessive fanhood days are long gone, but it's always a great thrill when there's new Maiden material to listen to. Even though you can always pretty exactly guess what's coming.

But unexpectedly the track opens with a bit of pure chaos, so much so that my first thought was wondering if this was some sort of tribute to Metallica's Hit the Lights, before an equally unexpected Wasted Years quote made me return to Maiden land. Rarely had Maiden referenced their own material so explicitly, and the opening line of "Gotta tell you a story" again bears strong similarity to Dance of Death. Luckily the galloping riff is new, and lets me concentrate on the actual song rather than trying to spot similarities. Bruce sings the verses quite low and somewhat powerlessly, and when he jumps to the higher range chorus it's quite a shift. In my opinion Bruce's higher range voice has never been quite as effective as some other big metal frontmen have, but when comparing with the young Bruce, he hasn't really lost anything along the years. Harris' bass has that good old rattling sound and the three axemen gallop and shred like they always have, but...

When one listens to a song enough times it's bound to get stuck in the head, but for very many of the first times I couldn't remember much when the track was over. Except the strange feelings caused by the beginning. Over repeated listens, hopefully not too many so that the song doesn't feel like and overfamiliar bore when listening to the entire album, I've come to enjoy the track to some extent, but comparing to other leading singles of the last decade, like the brilliant Wicker Man and The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, El Dorado ranks right there at the bottom of the barrel battling with and likely losing to Wildest Dreams, which at least had a great mid-section. This track is ultimately an enjoyable but unmemorable piece of middle-of-the-road Maiden.

Still a couple of weeks to go, then we'll see...
El metallico...

Genre: traditional heavy metal

Iron Maiden released "El Dorado" as a one-track online single freely available for download promoting their 2010 album "The Final Frontier".

"El Dorado" is an interesting song. In many ways, it is a typical Iron Maiden track with catchy melodies, gallopping guitars and bass, and guitar solo trading and all that wonderful stuff. Yet, it also seems stripped down in comparison to the incresingly progressive trajectory that Iron Maiden have been following since Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith returned ten years ago.

Although I love the way the song starts, I was a bit put off by the following guitar riff (not the layer of galloping guitars), but as the song progressed it became obvious to me that it served the greater good of the entire structure of the song, which builds up from the stripped down and straightforward rock 'n' rollish beginning to a more epic-sounding bridge, before it breaks down back into the simple riffing. And in the perspective of the entire song, these contrasts work very well.

The more I listen to "El Dorado", the more I like it, although it will probably never be me favorite Iron Maiden song. But it served its purpose well and now I can hardly wait for the new album to be released.

You can also hear "El Dorado" here on MMA at: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/iron-maiden--mp3.aspx?id=1835

No IRON MAIDEN EL DORADO reviews posted by members yet.

• Krypinion

GRENZLINIE

Pillars
EARTH AND PILLARS
Train_Food· 3 days ago
Earth and Pillars - Tides (2014)
EARTH AND PILLARS