THOUGHT INDUSTRY — Mods Carve the Pig: Assassins, Toads and God's Flesh (review)

THOUGHT INDUSTRY — Mods Carve the Pig: Assassins, Toads and God's Flesh album cover Album · 1993 · Technical Thrash Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
siLLy puPPy
Whereas their first album was more of a philosophical affair, this second release by THOUGHT INDUSTRY firmly falls into the surreal camp matching the Dali cover art in strangeness. However, political, philosophical and personal references are common. Still firmly rooted in some kind of punkish progressive thrash metal, the experiments are more daring and in your face this time around. I am very happy to say though that they are a smashing success. This is another grower. One thing I love about this band is no two albums sound the same. They were having none of the stagnation that so many other bands get trapped into.

The roller coaster ride begins with the aggressive “Horsepowered” and takes us through a variety of sounds including occasional acoustic and slide guitars and keyboards up to the instrumental proggy metal closer “To Build A Better Bulldozer.” An amazingly successful followup to SONGS FOR INSECTS. Unfortunately the two first albums would be the only two Thought Industry albums with the same lineup and the most experimental before going in another direction and taming their sound for the following albums. Very unique and highly recommended.

Rhetoric Of The Image Sludge Metal
TORPOR
The Day I Became Us Deathcore
PRINCIPLES OF MERGER
The Apophis Solution Deathcore
BECOMING AKH
Chimerical Reality Deathcore
AND HELL FOLLOWED WITH

Between Two Oceans - Nightmare (Studio Live)
BETWEEN TWO OCEANS