SACRIFICIAL — Erect : Eloquent : Extinct (review)

SACRIFICIAL — Erect : Eloquent : Extinct  album cover Album · 2000 · Thrash Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Erect : Eloquent : Extinct is the 2nd full-length studio album by Danish thrash metal act Sacrificial. The album was released in January 2000 by Mighty Music. The album was produced by Jacob Hansen and Sacrificial. The backbone in the band are still the Meier brothers Kræn ( guitar) and Lukas ( Drums).

The 11 track, 45:12 minute long album is in the unmistakable brutal and technically well played thrash metal style that Sacrificial are known for. Not much has changed since the release of the debut album Forever Entangled (1993) and that´s for better and worse IMO. While I really enjoy the aggressive approach and the band´s generally high technical level of playing the songs seriously lack hooklines and memorable moments. Unfortunately this means that the album quickly become very monotone and that the songs sound way too much the same. I will make a comparison to Dark Angel here, which is a band I feel suffer from exactly the same problem. Vocalist John Hansen is aggressive but not much more than that. Again I miss some memorable hooklines or maybe just a slight melodic touch.

The production is pretty good even though it´s a bit cold.

Erect : Eloquent : Extinct is as such a solid thrash metal album but the above mentioned flaws makes it a hard listen for me. I´m sure others will find it much better than me though and therefore a 3 star rating is still deserved.

Run Riot Thrash Metal