SACRIFICIAL — Erect : Eloquent : Extinct

7. Hidden Agenda (5:29)
8. A New Order (4:35)
9. Stolen (2:35)
10. In Pieces (4:58)
11. Ethnic Cleansing (4:42)

- Kræn / guitar
- Asmus / guitar
- Rico / bass
- John / vocals
- Lukas / drums

Full-length, Mighty Music
January 24th, 2000

Produced, engineered and mixed by Jacob Hansen and Sacrificial
Recorded in the Riamuf Studio and mixed at Aabenraa Studio, July 1999.

Thanks to UMUR for the addition

Buy SACRIFICIAL - ERECT : ELOQUENT : EXTINCT music

More places to buy metal & SACRIFICIAL music

SACRIFICIAL ERECT : ELOQUENT : EXTINCT reviews

Hidden agenda...

Genre: modern thrash metal

This release by Danish thrashers Sacrificial is a bit of a thrash metal gem if you like aggressive and technical thrash metal. Virtually all tracks are built around very solid riffs; riffage is obviously one of the strengths of this band, which is sadly put on hold these days, and not only are the riffs themselves well-wrought, they are also combined pretty effectively such that each track contains interesting changes and interesting inter-riff dynamics.

This is semi-technical thrash metal, and it obviously require a high level of musicianship to pull of thrash metal like this which offers both aggression and technicality. As with "AutoHate", Sacrificial's music on this release sounds like a hybrid of Artillery and Invocator in terms of technicality, but it also has the same sort of energy heard on Kreator's early efforts.

Recommended to fans of technical thrash metal.
Erect : Eloquent : Extinct is the 2nd full-length studio album by Danish thrash metal act Sacrificial. The album was released in January 2000 by Mighty Music. The album was produced by Jacob Hansen and Sacrificial. The backbone in the band are still the Meier brothers Kræn ( guitar) and Lukas ( Drums).

The 11 track, 45:12 minute long album is in the unmistakable brutal and technically well played thrash metal style that Sacrificial are known for. Not much has changed since the release of the debut album Forever Entangled (1993) and that´s for better and worse IMO. While I really enjoy the aggressive approach and the band´s generally high technical level of playing the songs seriously lack hooklines and memorable moments. Unfortunately this means that the album quickly become very monotone and that the songs sound way too much the same. I will make a comparison to Dark Angel here, which is a band I feel suffer from exactly the same problem. Vocalist John Hansen is aggressive but not much more than that. Again I miss some memorable hooklines or maybe just a slight melodic touch.

The production is pretty good even though it´s a bit cold.

Erect : Eloquent : Extinct is as such a solid thrash metal album but the above mentioned flaws makes it a hard listen for me. I´m sure others will find it much better than me though and therefore a 3 star rating is still deserved.

No SACRIFICIAL ERECT : ELOQUENT : EXTINCT reviews posted by members yet.

No SACRIFICIAL ratings only posted yet.

We All Die Death-Doom Metal