OZZY OSBOURNE — Ozzmosis (review)

OZZY OSBOURNE — Ozzmosis album cover Album · 1995 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Kingcrimsonprog
Ozzy Osbourne’s seventh full length studio album Ozzmosis was released in 1995. This was the third album to feature Zack Wylde on guitar, following up the terrific No Rest For The Wicked and No More Tears albums and as well as that, it was his first to feature former Black Sabbath artist Geezer Butler on Bass.

With their previous two albums; Osbourne and his band set about modernizing their sound, but Ozzmosis took things one step further with some of the heaviest music and production on any Ozzy release ever.

Musically, Ozzmosis is a solid and relatively consistent album. Standout tracks include the massive singles ‘Perry Mason,’ and ‘Thunder Underground,’ as well as ‘My Jekyll Doesn’t Hide,’ which are some of Ozzy’s heaviest ever compositions.

The album is more than just heavier metal numbers however, as the previous album No More Tears, there are a few big ballads mixed in to keep things varied as well.

While the album still feels like a solid band affair, the band actually received additional songwriting help from the legendary Lemmy and Steve Vai, as well as producer John Purdell and former song doctor Jim Vallance.

If you have an interest in Ozzy then you should probably check out this album; its solid, surprisingly heavy for Ozzy and has Geezer Butler on bass, all that definitely makes it worth investigating. Overall, Ozzmosis rates among the better Ozzy albums and is probably the best album he made after his brief retirement from music in the 90s.

No Good To Anyone Atmospheric Sludge Metal