MOTÖRHEAD — On Parole (review)

MOTÖRHEAD — On Parole album cover Album · 1979 · Heavy Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
slow man
Motörhead was formed in june 1975 by singer/bassist Ian Lemmy Kilmister with the intention to form a band like mc5. He found his first bandmembers in guitarist/singer Larry Wallis and drummer Lucas Fox, who was during the On parole recordings replaced by Phil Taylor. On parole was recorded for United artists,but the recordcompany hadn't faith in it and decided not to release it at that time. It was released in late 1979,only after the succes of Overkill and Bomber. Almost all songs from On parole were re-recorded for the official 1977 début Motórhead and the forthcoming singles. I like the older On parole the most.It's filled with heavy rock songs which contains some spacerock and rock'n'roll influences.Sometimes it sounds a little pre-punk. The opener Motörhead was done earlier by Hawkwind and now it becomes the first Motörhead all-time favourite. There are more great tracks on the album like Iron horse/born to lose, Leaving here, City kids and many more. Larry Wallis was replaced by Eddie Clarke in early 1976 and this became their most succesful line up. They made classic albums from Motörhead 'til Iron fist, but On parole is really having style and is essential for Motörhead fans.

Live Entropy Black Metal