OCTANE MOB — Octane Mob (review)

OCTANE MOB — Octane Mob album cover Album · 2014 · Thrash Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
"Octane Mob" is the eponymously titled debut full-length studio album by US, California based heavy metal act Octane Mob. The album was independently released in October 2014. Octane Mob formed in 2008 and released the "3-D World" EP in 2010.

The music on the album is a hard edged heavy metal style with thrash metal leanings. The members bear surnames like "Octane" and "Slaughter", and the tracks feature song titles like "Revenge Kill", "Demon Driver", and "Chaos", which should give the listener a good idea of where we are lyrically and image wise. It´s not the whole story though as there is also a political agenda to some tracks. An example of this is the opening track "World Peace". As mentioned Octane Mob play a very hard edged and thrashy heavy metal style, but the choruses are often quite melodic and accessible. An act like Avenged Sevenfold comes to mind a couple of times during the playing time, but Octane Mob are generally a bit less melodic in the guitar department and overall more harder edged than their fellow prolific countrymen.

The musicianship is on a high level on all posts. Lead vocalist/guitarist Eddie Octane varies his vocal style quite a lot from high pitched snarls, to raw staccato thrash metal style singing, to melodic and mainstream oriented clean singing. The guitar riffs are raw, and the rhythm section busy and tight playing. The material are also relatively well written and memorable, and upon conclusion "Octane Mob" is a quality release. It´s not terribly original sounding though, and that´s a minor issue, but other than that it´s a solid release and a promising debut album and a 3.5 star (70%) rating is deserved.

Uinuos syömein sota Pagan Black Metal