OPETH — Morningrise (review)

OPETH — Morningrise album cover Album · 1996 · Death Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
GregSalvador
For the life of me, I can't figure out why this album is rated so low. This album is a masterpiece. It may be a little rough around the edges in the production department, but don't let that put you off, this album is brilliant. I can't say that a single song on this album is bad, (although my version of this album has Eternal Soul Torture as a bonus song, and thus I will not consider it part of this review).

Advent is an excellent intro song to this album. Perfect for setting you up for the rest of the disc. The Night and the Silent Water is great, unique and beautiful. Nectar is probably the weakest song on this album, and I think it's great. Certainly grew on me over time, and fits in well with the album. Black Rose Immortal is fantastic. This may be Opeth's longest song, so it may take some digesting (like any other progressive piece). But it is very rewarding and a great track, especially the ending! To Bid You Farewell is an Opeth classic. Utter brilliance, and a song that you would want played at your own funeral.

Buy it...love it, this album marks the start of the classic era of Opeth albums.

Also sprach Futura Black Metal