IMPETIGO — Giallo (review)

IMPETIGO — Giallo album cover Demo · 1989 · Goregrind Buy this album from MMA partners
"Giallo" is a demo by American goregrind/ death metal act Impetigo. The demo was released in 1989. The original demo is a collector´s item but the seven tracks from the demo was re-released in 2000 by Half-Life Records as part of the "Giallo / Antefatto" compilation album. The compilation also contained 3 tracks from the 1991 "Antefatto" split EP with Blood and two outtakes from the "Giallo" recording session.

The music on the seven tracks on "Giallo" is kitchy/ B-Horror Movie influenced goregrind. It´s not particularly well played and the sound quality is not that good either. It´s to be expected on a 1989 goregrind demo though, and there is a slight charm to the sound. The tracks of course bear titles like "Bitch Death Teenage Mucous Monster From Hell", "The Revenge of the Scabby Man", "Dear Uncle Creepy" and "Venereal Warts" so you know exactly where we are when it comes to the lyrical content. While Impetigo are to be counted among the instigators of the goregrind genre I can´t say this demo does much to convince me of the band´s qualities and a 2 star rating is warranted.

Dead End Diaries Metalcore