METALLICA — Frantic (review)

METALLICA — Frantic album cover Single · 2003 · Alternative Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
1.5/5 ·
Conor Fynes
'Frantic' - Metallica (N/A)

I think it's easy to agree when I say 'St. Anger' was definately not a highlight in the history of 'progressive' music, or even music in general. The band was at the verge of splitting up for good. In their anger and hatred for one another, the beast named 'St. Anger' was born. It's one of the worst albums I've ever listened to.

A song from one of the worst albums I've ever listened to should not have it's hopes high for getting a decent scoring here.

'Frantic' however, is actually one of the better tracks on 'St. Anger.' It's one of the songs that I can actually listen to without getting super-bored. That's not to say however, that this is a 'good' song. The performance is terrible (as is the same with all other songs on that god- awful album) with very tinny drums, out-of-tune vocals and a raw guitar tone, but it's definately a step more energetic than alot of the songs on 'St. Anger' and for that reason, it's probably my second most tolerated song on 'St. Anger,' losing only to the title track which isn't actually THAT terrible.

But... gah. Give 'St. Anger' a listen, if you must. You'll see why even the most listenable song can't get more than a single star rating.

Poigne Sludge Metal